SMGs don't need a nerf. ARs need a buff.

#31RapaleemanPosted 12/4/2012 10:01:08 AM
Other than the oddly accurate SMG hipfire from a mile away, I think the weapons are pretty balanced for the most part.

Yes there are some duds like the M27, SMR, SVU, and my favorite gun despite it being poop, the Executioner. With that though, most of the guns can compete in their own rite and if you play to their given role they work fine. Even the LMGs have their place on most maps as you move from cover to cover. Post up, take out a guy, and move on. Works well enough for me on most of the maps.

Now the maps, while not great, at least have multiple lines of sights for each weapon type and unlike garbage maps like Array from BlOps or Bootleg from MW3, the maps are pretty well designed if you look at them from the top down. The issue is the scale and awful spawning. Some of the maps need to be bigger (like Slums) while others need to be scaled back (like Turbine).

If they fixed the spawns and gave better cover for said spawns (spawning in the open on Hijacked while the enemy is on that side of the boat is just dumb) the maps would be more enjoyable. Like I said, I don't think any are great but other than Turbine, I don't hate any of them.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#32RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 12/4/2012 10:11:01 AM
I can't agree. Initially I was opposed to any changes to the SMGs. I have since come to agree that the reticule when moving with laser sight is just too tight. If you picture in your mind, or fire up the game and check for all I care, at which point the distance before an enemy isn't going to catch 90% of the bullets by being within the lines it's quite a distance. It's just too much considering that at similar ranges AR and LMG have basically zero chance of winning the encounter unless they ADS, which will is enough delay that they'll have lost the encounter anyway.

They need worse hip spread and faster damage drop-off.
Check out this video which shows truly how far you can be before the damage drops to minimum damage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSoEqwuZIek
Skip to about 2:24 where he shows it.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Is that cynicism? On the internet? Grow up, I have no time for your elitist attitude. Come back when you can be useful.
#33DraconilianPosted 12/4/2012 10:15:03 AM
Smg hipfire nerf, maybe silencer too

AR general damage buff,

Akimbo accuracy buff OR let us use two attachments with it

And I'm happy with the balance.
---
"The best, most perfectly tuned online game will always have one glaring flaw.
Anyone can play it." _ Dueric
#34ChoGathPosted 12/4/2012 10:20:15 AM(edited)
ARs do more damage than SMGs on average AND keep their damage longer for better ranged killing power. M8A1 is the fastest killing auto weapon in the game.

Yeah maybe at shotgun range it loses the 3 hit kill after less than 6 meters. Meanwhile SMGs have better hipfire and mobility. ARs suck

No

http://i5.minus.com/iH5MNwsoivfRb.png

There's actual, real stats.

AR general damage buff, .

ARs don't need a damage buff.
---
http://i.imgur.com/wVmUo.png
#35RJrockstarPosted 12/4/2012 10:32:40 AM
"Hey guys, the MP7 in MW3 is pretty OP, why is that again?, oh right that is because it can kill people full-auto range from over 50 meters away, how will we ensure something like this doesn't happen again?"

Lets make nearly gun in this game have that ability.
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
---
GT: FixdSwine
#36fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:20:58 AM
No

http://i5.minus.com/iH5MNwsoivfRb.png

There's actual, real stats.

Uh, yes. Those numbers aren't meters, they're arbitrary units. Dividing those numbers by 3.8 gives you the meter range.

http://symthic.com/cod-bo2-weapon-charts#000100000ncnnn0

Learn what you're talking about

The point here is that instead of nerf nerf nerf they should be buffing worse options to make them more viable instead of dropping the nerf hammer on things to make them useless
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#37SullyTheStrangePosted 12/4/2012 11:32:17 AM
Topic is stupid for one reason and one reason alone. SMGs kill ludicrously fast and instead of fixing that, you're saying "hey, let's make ARs kill ludicrously fast too!"
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#38fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:36:46 AM
Topic is stupid for one reason and one reason alone. SMGs kill ludicrously fast and instead of fixing that, you're saying "hey, let's make ARs kill ludicrously fast too!"

They don't kill any faster than they did in BO1. That's a fact. MSMC and PDW = MP5k and AK74u, Vector and MP7 = the other SMGs from BO1, and the Skorpion is a BO1 SMG with Rapid Fire built in. Another fact is that they take 6 shots at range instead of 5, so they actually kill slower in some instances.

ARs killed in 4 shots tops at range, 3 out to a fair distance. Now they kill in 4 or 5 with very fast dropoff. Given the size of the maps, SMGs are straight up better. You're outclassed using anything not called the 870 or an SMG.

Suddenly, this topic seems less stupid to you.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#39RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 12/4/2012 11:37:59 AM
The thing is that most of the other weapons are balanced against one another. We don't hear about much else being OP other than occasional shotty complaints. Otherwise ARs are generally competitive within their own group and against other weapons... except SMGs.

Also if we buff other weapons it'll lower the TTK overall in the game and that is already very small.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Is that cynicism? On the internet? Grow up, I have no time for your elitist attitude. Come back when you can be useful.
#40HereticKitsunePosted 12/4/2012 11:45:14 AM
SMGs need more recoil (especially ADS), less damage at range but a greater effective range.

ARs need more damage at range and longer range, depending on the AR.

LMGs... I dunno, really. Second one should be reworked to be more of a hybrid AR and LMG (think the Stoner from BlOps1, maybe), which would probably give it a reason to be used. Others are alright? I dunno.

Shotguns other than the KSG and 870 need a buff or something. ESPECIALLY the Executioner. The thing has a lot of potential to be awesome.

Snipers are fine, aside from the SVU-AS. I can't think of a reason to use it over any of the others.

Crossbow needs something. Maybe a bolt that travels faster and kills on impact but has no explosive power.
---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?