Why SMGs and the 870 are Overpowered

#21foodeater4Posted 12/4/2012 10:54:20 AM
IMO the only AR's that are really viable at the FAL and SMR. Both kill it 2 shots at close range which can beat many SMG's, shottys are another story at point blank though.

Also the SMR and FAL are super accurate and the SMR has a pretty far 2 shot kill range also.

Honorable mentions, the AN-94 is also pretty good, that 2 shot burst you can do makes it very accurate at long range and its quite good at long range as long as your not going silenced.
#22Jadex9Posted 12/4/2012 10:54:39 AM
lol@870 overpowered.

The 870 is the ballsiest gun a person can use.

Its range is horrific, and if you see me coming with it from ten feet out Im probably getting ripped to shreds.

I got mine Golden, and moved on to FAL with select fire.

The great thing about shotties in this game, is that if you use one, youl become a better player, you wont needlessly rush, youl learn to be careful as hell, cause every exchange from Mid-range out youre at a disadvantage.
---
GT: Jdex99 PSN: Jadex9 Wii: unnecessarily long series of numbers
#23Lord_XandrosPosted 12/4/2012 11:01:26 AM
870 shoots through the shield. I mean, what the ****, does only one pellet need to hit or something?
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy
#24CharityDiary(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:02:10 AM
Lord_Xandros posted...
870 shoots through the shield. I mean, what the ****, does only one pellet need to hit or something?

I've noticed this as well.

If one pellet hits the person's toe, it counts as all the pellets hitting.
#25OMEGA RUGALPosted 12/4/2012 11:02:11 AM
CharityDiary posted...
El_Gato_Muerto0 posted...
The reason these close range weps seem overpowered is because of mouth-breathers who herp n derp sprint everywhere without looking in corners with there ARs, if you actually pay attention theres area's that offer good sightlines and good concealment, and if your getting killed from behind by these CQW's try using your radar to know where your team is.

TL;DR : Good players will be good regardless of what weps they choose

If you're watching a corner while ADS-ing with an Assault Rifle, and an SMG user comes sprinting around the corner, guess who has the upper hand? THE SMG USER

Why? Because with lag compensation, he'll hip-fire you down before you even see him come around the corner. The person moving faster will ALWAYS win.

And that is how you know you are lagging ...

... in MW3 ... if I am ADSing and know you are coming ... my G36C WILL kill you.

In Black Ops ... if I am ADSing and know you are coming .... I am PRAYING I will kill you before you kill me.

Kill Cam shows I never reacted and didn't shot while I died.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
BLOPs 2 Weapon Class Tier List SMGs>Snipers>LMGs>Shotguns>Pistols>Knife>>ARs
#26TheManlyManateePosted 12/4/2012 11:10:56 AM
R870 isn't overpowered just like B3 snipers aren't overpowered. They make up for their slow fire rate with power (and not accuracy) and they dominate their range like they should. especially because once you're outside that range it starts to shoot out candy wrappers rather than shells.
---
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed III, CoD: BO2
#27CharityDiary(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:11:43 AM
TheManlyManatee posted...
R870 isn't overpowered just like B3 snipers aren't overpowered. They make up for their slow fire rate with power (and not accuracy) and they dominate their range like they should. especially because once you're outside that range it starts to shoot out candy wrappers rather than shells.

You can't exactly stay out of the shotgun's effective range...
#28supertomato_13Posted 12/4/2012 11:14:12 AM
CharityDiary posted...
TheManlyManatee posted...

You can't exactly stay out of the shotgun's effective range...

Yes you can. Use your left thumb stick.
---
-----------------------
Budokai 3 HD <3
#29EvangeliPosted 12/4/2012 11:19:04 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
MilesAustin19 posted...
I'm hoping the map packs have more variety in maps.

I really think all the SMG butthurt will resolve itself with the addition of a few big maps.

This. Currently, the 870 dominates on almost all maps, and where it falls short, an SMG rapidly easily fills in the rest. Looking forward to larger maps, like Overgrown from MW1.
---
Gamertag: Evangeli__<^>__Alt: All_Under_Heaven
#30vigorm0rtisPosted 12/4/2012 11:23:16 AM
KabtheMentat posted...

That you have to ******* pay for. That's bull ****.

Stock maps shouldn't be this bad. It's like reverse Battlefield 3. Stock maps were pretty good, but all of the DLC is beyond horrible.

Granted, but if they don't add some bigger maps, they probably will cave and nerf the SMGs. Hell, they'll probably do it anyway. Anyway, it's not like this is an unfamiliar situation. One class of weapon is OP in every iteration of CoD and it's never fully resolved.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd