Why is it so hard for Treyarch to implement a mic-only lobby?

#11Stickertorian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 10:43:55 AM
That guy completely missed the point anyway. I never said about playing with friends. Maybe I have no friends, or rather the friends that actually play computer games 24/7 I have, spend half their life on WoW or halo.

Anyway, I was talking about the lobby in general, why can't we custom search for people with mics? You can search for people in your local area/country or w/e, so why does it have to stop there? It makes no sense.
---
Kweh.
#12singhellotakuPosted 12/4/2012 10:50:43 AM
because nobody would play in it, if its so important to you make some friends and use party chat
#13AWarAmp84Posted 12/4/2012 10:54:31 AM(edited)
forgotten0285 posted...
Stickertorian posted...
forgotten0285 posted...
dont play with randoms

/topic

Might as well say don't play online. What a stupid thing to say.

How is it a stupid thing to say? It is an incredibly easy solution to your dumb problem.

Zombies is for playing with friends. Only reason there is an option to play with randoms is for losers who don't have friends.

Play with your friends. Or make friends and play with them later. Or deal with random people not wanting to talk to you.

In short, deal with it instead of complaining and insisting on made up solutions that will never exist.

Sounds like a little nerd rage going on here. God forbid someone would want to play a game that not a single person on their friends list plays. Well guess what? It happens. And when people don't use their mics, it can be hard to make friends which is what the TC is saying. Stop being a douche for no reason at all.
---
This message was typed using an Iphone. Spelling errors happen often, get over it. Currently playing XCOM:Enemy Unknown, Halo 4 and L4D 2.
#14singhellotakuPosted 12/4/2012 10:53:27 AM
you can't expect me to actually read your post before posting, would it have been so hard to include the word zombies in the title, now I look like a fool!
#15RapaleemanPosted 12/4/2012 10:53:50 AM
forgotten0285 posted...
How is it a stupid thing to say? It is an incredibly easy solution to your dumb problem.

Zombies is for playing with friends. Only reason there is an option to play with randoms is for losers who don't have friends.

Play with your friends. Or make friends and play with them later. Or deal with random people not wanting to talk to you.

In short, deal with it instead of complaining and insisting on made up solutions that will never exist.

While I don't have this problem as I am the one person of my friends that hates zombies, this the most ignorant thing I have read on these forums in a long time.

Not everyone has friends that share in every like or dislike as the others. It's human nature to be different even among like-minded individuals. I do think the TC's idea is a little far fetched, it isn't a bad idea by any stretch.

In fact MW2 attempted to do this with the exclusion of party chat in most of the cooperative game modes. While it wasn't perfect it was at least an attempt to get people talking.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#16CarpeDeumpPosted 12/4/2012 10:57:01 AM
You know how many people have mics or use mics but never talk? This would be pointless.
#17Natsume_Tien7Posted 12/4/2012 11:01:39 AM
The same reason they supposedly gypped the hardcore players out of game modes....because it would split the community up too much.
---
"Don't be single-minded. It will only serve to bind you later on."
- Faust
#18Stickertorian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:02:25 AM
CarpeDeump posted...
You know how many people have mics or use mics but never talk? This would be pointless.

Yes but it's a step in the right direction at least. It's all about custom search at the end of the day. I don't think it's a big deal. But with the almost 1000 players I played with in BO1 on zombies, they always complained about people not having mics, some have left, some play other games, some are not online all the time, it happens. Saying 'go get some friends' IS a stupid answer, really. But tbh, how hard would it be to have a custom search for mics alongside the local regional options? Think of Halo Reach, that kinda got the thing that I'm talking about here.
---
Kweh.
#19Stickertorian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:04:03 AM
Natsume_Tien7 posted...
The same reason they supposedly gypped the hardcore players out of game modes....because it would split the community up too much.

So splitting up good (talking) teammates in zombies against the rage quitters and split screeners is a bad idea?
---
Kweh.
#20Chop_ShopPosted 12/4/2012 11:06:34 AM
I don't understand whyheres such of a lack of mics?..how its it possible to do well in zombies without communication
---
XBL: alliekat7738
3DS FC: 2621-2654-4927