How I would Buff/Nerf guns in this game

#11darkshadowmasterPosted 12/4/2012 10:58:36 AM
deoxxys posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
-Black Hat PDA hack time increased by 1.5 seconds for killstreaks only.

Why this? It already takes long enough to hack something that you have a chance to get shot in the back while looking like you are constipated staring at a wall.

its dumb getting your sentry guns and guardians destroyed so fast when you worked so hard for them

I can understand being pissed at that but going to have to agree to disagree with that one. 5 seconds is already long enough to get shot from, especially when you are trying to hack a moving target without Engineer.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#12deoxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:00:01 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
deoxxys posted...
well maybe if you read on, youd see its now the mw3 mp7

With half the magazine size. Black Ops showed us how 20 round SMGs have no place in the game whatsoever.

fine i removed that, since I already nerfed its range enough, will you read on now?
---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..
#13TyrantKnightPosted 12/4/2012 11:01:18 AM
SMGs
-Lower bullet penetration
-Reduce recoil on the Vector

ARs
-Increase Type 25 mag size from 30 to 40
-Increase bullet penetration on the SCAR and M27
-Increase min damage to 25 on the SCAR
-Increase firerate on the SMR
-Reduce burst delay on the SWAT

Shotguns
-Increase the range on the S12
-Reduce recylcing time on the M1216
-Increase Executioner damage to 75 per pellet with severe dropoff after 3 meters
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN
#14Aether_LyricPosted 12/4/2012 11:16:43 AM
deoxxys posted...
fine i removed that, since I already nerfed its range enough, will you read on now?

I did read on after lol, don't really have any comments on anything else. A lot of them are kinda weird or will never happen. But with bouncing betties I think they also need a blast radius nerf, they're basically an IMS.

The Vector and MP7 are fine tbh, I don't think either need any tweaking. If any specific SMG needs a nerf it's the MSMC or Skorpion.
#15rubberGasketPosted 12/4/2012 11:24:46 AM
Good thing TC didn't help design the game.
---
Don't Snatch, or You'll get the Chop!
#16deoxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:31:13 AM
rubberGasket posted...
Good thing TC didn't help design the game.

whats wrong with these buffs/nerfs? the smgs dominate a tad too much and and some guns are underpowered.
---
#17parkourboybryanPosted 12/4/2012 11:51:49 AM
Let me take a shot at this:
SMG:
Vector: Reduce Recoil to MW2 levels but adjust damage to 25-19 accordingly.
Halve Laser Sight Effectiveness so it only shrinks 16.5% versus 33 on all SMGs

Assault Rifles:
M27: Give SMG ADS time (.22 instead of .25), and tighter hip spread.
SCAR-H, AN-94, and Swat-556, Give 3/4 hit kill possibility instead of 3-5. Increase penetration to LMG levels.

LMG:
MK48: Make 49 Damage flat, 40 with rapid fire, and1.1 upper chest multiplier for 1200 units.
LSAT: Make 40-35 Damage.
HAMR: Make 40-35 Damage.
QBB: Make 35-25 damage with 1200-1600 range.
All: Increase ADS Speed to .35 seconds.

Shotguns:
M1216: Give 25-10 damage profile, for 200-80 per shot
S12: Give 30-10 damage profile, for 240-80 per shot.
870: Reduce Max Damage to 40 from 50, but increase Min Damage to 17 from 10 and max range to 700 units. Essentially a MW2 Spas with one more pellet to kill at range and a tighter spread while ADS.
KSG: Reduce max range to 900 units from 1200, but give a 1.4 chest multiplier so accurate players can still get OHKs consistently.
Executioner: Give Fast Mag reload by default, buff min damage to 10, and increase initial damage drop time from 2 meters to 5.

Snipers:
SVU-AS: Give OHK to head and neck even when silenced.

I think this seems way more balanceed than TC, but I'm also one of the few that thinks as of right now nothing is glaringly OP.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#18davidthedawg639Posted 12/4/2012 11:54:36 AM
Heh, ass rifles.
#19deoxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:17:08 PM
parkourboybryan posted...

i think those are good changes but id rather that the grip actually has an effect on the lmgs. If you go into a local match and do extensive recoil tests on all the guns (like I have) you will see that the grip has no noticeable effect on any of the guns. I prefer it this way for the smgs, but the lmgs need the original effect back which is faster recenter speed.
---