The trent of MOSTLY negative posts: A history of online gaming

#1kcchiefsfan1982Posted 12/4/2012 12:08:34 PM
This ain't my first rodeo.

Some of you think that the makers of the game are going to see all these "suggestions" on how to "fix" their game and take them seriously.

First off, I am an old man....30 years old. I have been playing online gaming since I was 14...so that means 16 years now. I started playing half life team deathmatch, then counterstrike, all the halos, call of duties, etc. and also a few different sports games online.

I have always been a part of the message boards too, because it is fun to interact about the game that you enjoy.

There is always ONE common factor with the messages people post on any game with online play capabilities. Apparently, no online game was ever built quiet right. 70% of the messages are usually posts talking down a game. Telling everyone how they need to fix this and change this.

I am sorry, but technology is not PERFECT. It is good...might even say great today. But, everyone needs to take a pill of REALISM. With the technology that is available, COD BLACK OPS 2 is flat out just AN AMAZING GAME!

All who disagree need to be spanked!

THE END
#2Crashes86Posted 12/4/2012 12:12:58 PM
/Agreed 100%
#3Linctagon7Posted 12/4/2012 12:22:27 PM
This is because online play always brings a lot of randomness to the game. Lag, unbalanced weapons, bad maps. In an online game you can always get screwed by factors outside of yourself. In single player games it is all you.

Not all games share this trend though. Almost any fighting game has mostly on topic posts discussing the game and its mechanics. Same with almost any RTS. Pokemon has a huge metagame and online community and that board is not so negative beyond the Blaziken crying among others. Magic The Gathering, Street Fighter, Blazblue, Starcraft etc. all do have some crying early on but becuase the games are so deep and skill based the chaff leave and the community focuses on the game itself.

I see this trend more among shooters. And in shooters some of the complaints are very valid. Lag being chief among them. Lag can and will utterly and completely destroy a game for you.
#4AWarAmp84Posted 12/4/2012 12:32:22 PM
Being 30 years old doesn't make you an old man. Come on now. You've only been an adult for a decade.
---
This message was typed using an Iphone. Spelling errors happen often, get over it. Currently playing XCOM:Enemy Unknown, Halo 4 and L4D 2.
#5Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 12/4/2012 12:37:13 PM(edited)
Seriously, 30 isn't that freaking old gawd. lol

I can't wait to see how melodramatic this generation's going to be when it's 50.
#6MightyD88Posted 12/4/2012 12:38:32 PM
Hey wtf! Old man? I'm 32 and I feel as young as ever cuz of the freedom.

The average age of a gamer is now 35 and growing. Apperantly those who who been playing Mario in 1985(before I picked up a controller,) have been constantly playing and never stopped.
#7Akiba69Posted 12/4/2012 12:40:27 PM
I find it hard to believe you are 30, given that your spelling is pretty bad as well as the fact you used quiet instead of quite. Not only that, a community should always be vocal and shine light on weaker parts of a game. Because guess what, when that happens and you voice your disapproval on a certain aspect, 9 times out of 10 they will fix it in the inevitable sequel. Your logic seems to be shut up and be thankful for what you have. No thanks. Also it is TREND, not trent. Oh and with what you have mentioned, you have a very very weak online gaming history bud.
---
Want a Nuketown Zombies Code? PM me.
#8Novagraf72Posted 12/4/2012 12:41:37 PM
I think they could fix a lot of the nerf/buff talks with doing something like adding realistic bullet drop. but it doesn't really matter because almost all of the maps are so small that it doesn't mean much.
#9XDanCXPosted 12/4/2012 12:44:17 PM
Akiba69 posted...
I find it hard to believe you are 30, given that your spelling is pretty bad as well as the fact you used quiet instead of quite. Not only that, a community should always be vocal and shine light on weaker parts of a game. Because guess what, when that happens and you voice your disapproval on a certain aspect, 9 times out of 10 they will fix it in the inevitable sequel. Your logic seems to be shut up and be thankful for what you have. No thanks. Also it is TREND, not trent. Oh and with what you have mentioned, you have a very very weak online gaming history bud.

Yes, age and spelling are correlated....
---
Religion is the Opiate of the Masses
Einhorn is Finkle, Finkle is Einhorn
#10kcchiefsfan1982(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 1:36:28 PM
Akiba69 posted...

Yes, so hard to believe I am 30 because, while at work, I try to type a fast message, so that the co-workers don't notice I am spending time on a game forum on boss's time and accidently have a couple typos, lol. Great logic!!! I am going to start following you around on all your posts and make sure that the grammer police is in full force at all times!

If that is a weak online gaming history, please share your history. Most of the games I mentioned were game of the year at some point! lol