C/D: The community would be happier, perhaps as a whole if KDR was not tracked

#1destructoclausPosted 12/4/2012 1:04:39 PM(edited)
Would the Call of Duty community be happier, maybe even better if KDR was not tracked as a stat?

I say a big fat confirm. The fact that KDR is tracked and used by players of the community to determine other players' skill changes the gameplay. The stat alone causes most people to always be conscious about how much they're killing or dying in game and distracts them from the objective. But we know all that; it's obvious what KDR does to the game. However, given all of the...gimmicks if you will, that exist that can affect your KDR (ahem, lag, a multitude of different connections, uncontrollable teammates etc.), I believe that the stats are read into FAR too much.

I realize that tracking performance is now a staple and a standard of online video gaming which is not likely to change at all. I believe gaming is now to a point where the majority of gamers probably would not have fun if they didn't know how they were doing. I just want to see how many people are out there that share my view.

Also, how do you think the community would respond if Activision stated that all subsequent Call of Duty releases will no longer be tracking KDR?
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#2MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/4/2012 1:01:46 PM
I would LOVE no K/D tracking.
inb4thatmeansurjustbad
---
The state of the pokemon board...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5583/thestateofthepokemonboa.png
#3trakrunr4evrPosted 12/4/2012 1:07:05 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
I would LOVE no K/D tracking.
inb4thatmeansurjustbad

That means yerr just bad... oh wait
#4chicken8orPosted 12/4/2012 1:08:34 PM
I would love it if all that was tracked was W/L. That way people would actually hop on the flags in domination instead of standing just off to the side so that it takes me 3 times longer to cap the flag alone.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#5Rogue MuttPosted 12/4/2012 1:10:33 PM
C

I love stat tracking as much as the next guy, but people would actually play the game if they had no way of knowing what their overall K/D ratio was.
---
BSG
#6RPG0ddessPosted 12/4/2012 1:12:40 PM
D

KDr means nothing unless youre playing tdm. Its all about SPM now, since thats how the leaderboards are tracked.
---
There are no pacts between lions and men. - Achilles
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
#7destructoclaus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 1:17:21 PM
RPG0ddess posted...
D

KDr means nothing unless youre playing tdm. Its all about SPM now, since thats how the leaderboards are tracked.

SPM is probably the best stat they keep track of. All of the external factors that weigh in on KDR and W/L (teammates, connection) still apply but to less extent I think. I believe if you get a good system working for you and stick to your game, SPM will be the most accurate and consistent in terms of showing efficiency and skill.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#8XeroxicidePosted 12/4/2012 1:19:00 PM
RPG0ddess posted...
D

I agree with this. I mostly play Domination and I have no idea what my K/D is.
---
I remember when GameFAQs was good.
#9kcchiefsfan1982Posted 12/4/2012 1:34:34 PM
The OP has a VERY VALID POINT.

First off, don't get me wrong. There definatley SHOULD be a team deathmatch mode to where your kills and deaths ARE recorded.

But, there should ALSO be an option to play a team deathmatch mode (A TRUE "TEAM") that ONLY records win and loss.

Because, if only the win/loss is recorded, it will change gamers behaviors. It will cause them to do more things that will help BOTH them and their teammate get kills and not die, to get the wins and not focus soley on your personal k/d.

I WOULD LOVE THAT MODE!! It would change the way I myself play. I would have more fun with the team motive.
#10Alex_SagePosted 12/4/2012 1:36:39 PM
Look, you're bad if you want it. You're bad if you don't.

Either way, you're just bad.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry