C/D: The community would be happier, perhaps as a whole if KDR was not tracked

#11chessmyantidrugPosted 12/4/2012 2:48:54 PM
I don't think so. I personally just love seeing stats. Statistics quantify things. Kill-to-death ratio is meaningless if taken out of context. That's where game type and score per minute come into play. You can't point to any single statistic and tout as the most important.
#12darkshadowmasterPosted 12/4/2012 2:57:03 PM
No.
I still remember people had a fit when Brink said it wouldn't show K/D.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#13DieHardGameFanPosted 12/4/2012 2:57:44 PM
I've been saying this since MW1 TC is correct. I have always been tired of playing with people that focus on their personal stats mainly i.e K/D instead of focusing on the WIN! Its like they use it to judge how good they are but the stat can always be boosted someway. Save K/D for pointless re-spawning TDM games.
---
"I have to push your buttons cuz you stuck on STUPID."
XBL GamerTag: DIGITAL DUDDITS PSN: DUGITALDUDDITS
#14OMEGA RUGALPosted 12/4/2012 3:07:04 PM
destructoclaus posted...
RPG0ddess posted...
D

KDr means nothing unless youre playing tdm. Its all about SPM now, since thats how the leaderboards are tracked.

SPM is probably the best stat they keep track of. All of the external factors that weigh in on KDR and W/L (teammates, connection) still apply but to less extent I think. I believe if you get a good system working for you and stick to your game, SPM will be the most accurate and consistent in terms of showing efficiency and skill.

Really? ... I guess my little cousin is amazing then ... he went 33-50 last game with like a 390 SPM.

Sure helped our team win!!!! Oh wait ... we lost.

FACT is ... no single stat tells the whole story.

You need to look at everything.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
BLOPs 2 Weapon Class Tier List SMGs>Snipers>LMGs>Shotguns>Pistols>Knife>>ARs
#15lil_bandit18Posted 12/4/2012 3:17:12 PM
I'd like if they just kept your KDR per gun, and SPM. That way you can see what guns your effective with personally. It's an epidemic now, all anyone cares about is their KDR, and will leave a game the moment they get into a hole. it's not uncommon for host migration to happen 3 times a match.
---
TM 87
http://i.imgur.com/m5kAg.gif http://imgur.com/DlYPQ.gif
#16kcchiefsfan1982Posted 12/4/2012 3:17:32 PM
Ok how can anyone say team deathmatch is just pointless responing?

Compare it to the objective games.

Spawn. SPRINT SPRINT SPRINT TO THE SAME SPOT. DIE

WOW!

At least team deathmatch uses the ENTIRE map. Not just 1 or 2 spots!
#17TheRisingSonPosted 12/4/2012 3:29:35 PM(edited)
I think people worry too much about their KDR. There are some who compulsively obsess over stats, yeah. But then there are those who will rage quit out of a match to protect their precious KDR, ruining the match for everyone else. I don't think they need to do away with KDR, I think COD players need to stop being losers by obsessing over it do much. Go outside, get a girlfriend, enjoy life and then come back to the game. You'll realize it's not all that important after all.
#18barbjornkumaPosted 12/4/2012 3:28:29 PM
C

You could've made a poll...
#19DontHoldBackPosted 12/4/2012 3:39:53 PM
I will second that big fat confirm for sure.
---
The only real control we have is over ourselves. So let's get over it that we can't and we won't control anything else.
#20y0urm0msBFPosted 12/4/2012 3:49:26 PM
i never check out my K/Ds once I did by accident in mw3 and it was 1.5 ... i dont care. The option is probably just there for the 12 year olds anyways.
---
Some rockets turn faster than others, depending upon the trajectory. In this case it is going to go almost straight up until it is out of sight.