Zombie behavior in Tranzit/Green Run...

#1ID15Posted 12/4/2012 2:44:10 PM
So 2 friends and myself were playing zombies. We were at the power station and had a crawler after turning on the power. We decided one of us were going to stay at the power station with the crawler while the other 2 would head to town to pack-a-punch. We kept "feeding" him regularly and everything until the bus arrived. The 2 of us got on the bus but after we started moving a bit the crawler just instantly died even with a player right in front of him.

So is it even possible to keep crawlers alive on this map? Do they need to stay on the bus? How do the mechanics of this work on this map? Understanding how the zombies "work" in this game would be a valuable asset in getting into the higher rounds, but we just need to understand exactly how it works on Green Run.
---
We ALL have An Id in us.....
#2james259Posted 12/4/2012 2:45:42 PM
You have to get the crawler on the bus. That works for me
---
It hurts so good
#3ID15(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:50:53 PM
so does the crawler ONLY need to be on the bus if players are on it?
---
#4AustassPosted 12/4/2012 2:52:12 PM
when it's on the bus it works for me. When I had a crawler die in front of me everyone died.

Except for me of course.
#5StealthClownPosted 12/4/2012 2:53:28 PM
Stop feeding him. Let him respawn as a zombie, get on the bus, he'll go on the window and keep boarding it up.
---
GT: Lenient Puddle
#6Artemicion82Posted 12/4/2012 2:56:42 PM
On tranzit it's much more useful to keep a walker or runner alive, as they won't die if you move far away from them.

With that being said, if the electric zombie spawns onto the map any zombie you've kept alive will die anyway.
#7ID15(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 3:20:37 PM
cool, so it has to be on the bus when players are traveling on it, correct? If the bus just leaves (w/o any players), no problem, right?

So they have the electrical zombie as a means of preventing you from exploiting that trick too much. On a related not, how does the electrical zombies "mechanics" work? I know he appears after you turn on the power but is there any pattern to it? I notice random thunderstorms after the power is turned on, is that him spawning somewhere on the map? (not necessarily where the group is at)...or do the thunderstorms not really have anything to do with him and are just aesthetic?
---
#8GFSAMPosted 12/4/2012 3:25:59 PM
If you kill the last zombie under the lightening he spawns.
---
xPUR3v3p1CxX
#9Artemicion82Posted 12/4/2012 3:37:12 PM
He spawns randomly. Many times when we were exploring, the last zombie would suddenly die from him suddenly spawning in.
#10trentasaurus19Posted 12/5/2012 2:48:58 AM
No matter what you do crawlers die out. They've screwed me a few times now doing that. Always keep 2 slow walkers. When one of them gets killed finally the last living one automatically turns into a runner