Suggested Weapon Changes

#1MegaTape13Posted 12/4/2012 2:25:39 PM
SMGs:
- Decrease aim assist range by 33% for all of them but the Chicom
- Increase all hipfire spread values by 0.25 (from: standing=2-4.75, crouched=1.75-4.25, prone=1.5-4)

ARs:
- Increase SMR's semi-auto RoF to 625 (from 535), tighten semi-auto hipfire to match other ARs
- Decrease FAL's full-auto min damage to 33 (from 40)
- Reduce M8's and AN94's centerspeeds by 50-100 [I dunno the recoil values so this is guesswork]

LMGs:
- Reduce iron sight ADS times to 3.9, reduce all other sights' ADS time to 4.2 (all from 4.8?)
- Increase QBB's headshot multiplier to x1.2 (from x1.0) to match other LMGs

Shotguns:
- Tighten S12's standing hipfire to 5-8 (from 6-10)
- Tighten M1216's standing hipfire to 5-8 (from 6-10), increase max dmg range to 6m (from 3.5)
- Reduce KSG's ADS time to half of whatever it is now

Snipers:
- Increase SVU's headshot multiplier to x2, (from x1.5, x1.0 silenced)
- Remove Ballista's sway with Iron Sights, make Iron Sights the first attachment unlocked

Pistols:
- Increase TAC45's min damage to 20 (from 19)
- increase Executioner's max damage to 35 (from 30) and max dmg range to 5m (from 3.5m)
- Reduce all of KAP40's range values by 20%

Attachments:
- Widen Laser Sight hipfire to 75% (from 60%?) for SMGs only
- Reduce Target Finder centerspeed by 100 [guesswork] for ARs and SMGs, but not LMGs
- Remove Rapid Fire's range penalty for SMGs, reduce range penalty by half for LMGs (assuming it exists), keep all hipfire and center speed penalties
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#2oni20002Posted 12/4/2012 2:27:19 PM
I don't agree with any of these. The maps need more help than the weapons.
#3LoshadtPosted 12/4/2012 2:28:17 PM
Everything is perfect besides the KSG one. I couldn't agree more, 10/10. I wish David Vonderhaar wasn't too much of a princess to actually take this advice to heart.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#4AlexanaxelaPosted 12/4/2012 2:30:55 PM(edited)
shotguns: don't have the shotgun drop off to their minimum damage meters before the end of their ranges. Oh yeah, can i have a spread smaller than 10 pretty plz?
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#5Deathx113Posted 12/4/2012 2:30:33 PM
Ah, if only TC worked for 3arch/inf
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#6fatclemenzaPosted 12/4/2012 2:33:54 PM

You can't patch maps, you can easily tweak weapons though.

To the topic, I agree with all except the AN-94. I really don't see why people love it so much, but I definitely don't think it needs to be nerfed. Its already an assault rifle in an SMG world.

Also, there's no hope for the KSG until the functional ADS delay is ripped out of the game's code and launched into the sun.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#7AlexanaxelaPosted 12/4/2012 2:40:55 PM
fatclemenza posted...

You can't patch maps, you can easily tweak weapons though.

To the topic, I agree with all except the AN-94. I really don't see why people love it so much, but I definitely don't think it needs to be nerfed. Its already an assault rifle in an SMG world.

Also, there's no hope for the KSG until the functional ADS delay is ripped out of the game's code and launched into the sun.

this reminds me, is it just me or did they change wmd and grid in black ops?

http://oi50.tinypic.com/lgm1h.jpg
in wmd in some modes, the fan in on the high railway isn't there i believe

but the big one is on grid
http://i.neoseeker.com/n/1/black_ops_wm90325.jpg
don't know about in other modes, but in ground war, the litter hanger you could enter in that pathway is now blocked off by a gate, and i'm sure it wasn't like that before
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#8MegaTape13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 4:32:09 PM
fatclemenza posted...
I agree with all except the AN-94. I really don't see why people love it so much, but I definitely don't think it needs to be nerfed. Its already an assault rifle in an SMG world.

It has good power, great range, and very moderate recoil. It's a bit hard to speculate, but I'd guess that once everyone unlocks it you'll see it much more often than most ARs and even mist guns in general, especially if the SMG nerfs I proposed were to happen.

I think you're right on that :(
I figured minimizing the ADS time is kind of the best we could hope for (other than making hipfire accuracy 0.5 or something, but that brings its own problems).

Alexanaxela posted...
this reminds me, is it just me or did they change wmd and grid in black ops?

I'm not sure about the the fan on WMD. Shouldn't be it right behind the minimap in that pic? I recall it always being there, but it never came into play very often so idk.

The hanger on Grid was definitely open in TDM, Dom, and GW since I played those the most. I thought it was only closed in Wager Matches.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#9Zero IXPosted 12/4/2012 5:59:27 PM
Functional ADS delay is hard-coded into the game. It's not just a variable that can be switched on and off (I forget why that is).

Anyway, built-in Quickdraw + smaller hipspread (but not crazy small) would be enough of a buff for the KSG.

I like everything else except I wouldn't hit the AN-94 with a nerf of any kind tbh.

To be frank I'm against hard buffs or nerfs on anything (except widening SMG hipfire crosshairs). It's a CoD game. It has its day in the sun for a year. As long as there is relative balance, that's good enough.

The guns themselves are balanced against each other well enough overall, but the maps really favor closer ranged engagements. I mean, the SMGs are collectively just about as bad as they've ever been in CoD, but are still considered top of the line.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#10BS_InfinitePosted 12/4/2012 6:04:49 PM
MegaTape13 posted...

I think you're right on that :(
I figured minimizing the ADS time is kind of the best we could hope for (other than making hipfire accuracy 0.5 or something, but that brings its own problems).

They would never do that but, it would be so fun!
---
BS_Infinite posted...
A sig