My K/D is 1.24... is that good?

#21Beaver_Castor(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:09:22 PM
Im impressed by the amount of responses i had. Thank you guys you are all amazing, and I agree that KD is stupid, i was just curious. Now i see why this game is so popular...it is so addictive!
---
THE GINOSAJI NEVER STOPS!!!...un...til...you...are...DEAD!!!
#22GL17CHPosted 12/4/2012 11:31:04 PM
no such thing as a good or bad k/d anymore. all that matters is score per minute. k/d is a thing of the past.
#23Krazoa2Posted 12/4/2012 11:32:14 PM
Gameninja521 posted...
JVel91 posted...
Probably better than half the veggies here.

Confirmed veggie.

Confirmed for mad.
#24NekoEspiritoPosted 12/4/2012 11:55:59 PM
Mine is like 1.35. It bounces around. You're fine.

I do plenty of silly crap like shielding and ballistic knifing around the map. Or going RPG all over.

Or sometimes you join a match and all sorts of air support is wrecking your side. Before you can leave your spawn HKs are bombing you and sentries and Guardians are around every corner. Can't help dying there.

I recommend "posting up" often. Tactical rushing, but coupled with strategic cover around key points or where you know enemies are coming from. Try to attack enemies from "the sides" if that makes sense. It's helped me.
---
Xbox gamertag: NekoEspirito
NekoEspirito CoD MW3 AC: 0018-3623-8313
#25ICantNameGudPosted 12/5/2012 12:00:47 AM
If displayed stats and killstreaks were removed from this game it would actually be fun.

TC you're doing good. I have a .98 from just running around drunk because these maps and connections problems are a joke. Just hav e fun and don't have an anyuerism like me when you go 3-12 dying 2 seconds afte every spawn.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#26DougEInstructorPosted 12/5/2012 1:17:35 AM
Maintaining a high K/D ratio is paramount in this game. I find that whenever a player starts talking trash to me I point out his K/D and compare it to mine and insta-win every argument.
#27ICantNameGudPosted 12/5/2012 1:25:17 AM
DougEInstructor posted...
Maintaining a high K/D ratio is paramount in this game. I find that whenever a player starts talking trash to me I point out his K/D and compare it to mine and insta-win every argument.

If you actually care, sure.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#28Cornbread4lifePosted 12/5/2012 1:51:26 AM
With skill based matchmaking, K/D's not as objective as it used to be. Everyone predominantly faces people on their skill level, so it's become a lot more subjective. Not all 1.24 K/Ds are created equal, since everybody faces a different playing field. So I guess my point is, who knows? 1.24 sounds good to me man. Nobody pulls what they did in previous games unless they completely switched to a strict camping playstyle, you're not facing hordes of noobs anymore.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time, but I kill it. Keep that in mind if you add me on live
#29drummer2170Posted 12/5/2012 4:35:29 AM
That is good especially considering that it's your first COD. This is only my 2nd and I'm at a .92. But I have fun! And it is addictive! I mostly play Domination myself and as other posters have said, many people don't bother with the objective. More often than not I get killed trying to cap flags by myself, with teammates running right by.
---
XBL GT: TAXI COUSIN
COD cannon fodder. Don't hate me because I suck. I help your K/D ratio.
#30matt-nicklinPosted 12/5/2012 7:17:46 AM
DougyB posted...
I'm .87 or something.

I only play Dom, though, and I'm about the only guy you will see consistently diving onto or around B. I take it in the ass so the rest of my team can hide back and snipe in windows.

when playing blacks ops 1 i maintained a 2.4k/d while playing the objective, what i would do is, if i'm capping with someone else who is laying down i'll strafe side to side that way if someone goes to kill us he'll focus on me first and hopefully it'll save my team mate if i don't die and give that little bit every time needed to cap
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
Black 2 FC 5115 1478 8907