Black hat Vs EMP grenades.

#11DougyBPosted 12/4/2012 6:36:35 PM
curtland posted...
DougyB posted...
Can EMP grenades make betties go off on their owners?

No. They don't blow up, but they are still destroyed.

Ah. I kinda like killing people with their own stuff. That is really satisfying.
---
b
#12BrooklynsOwnPosted 12/4/2012 6:37:14 PM
I use black hat a lot.. only thing is it shouldn't warn thr team they been hacked.. they should take that out so they don't go and destroy it.. also they know you close by.. I think they also should change the hacking of equipment the same as it is with scorestreak rewards.. where it takes time to hack it.. its so cheezy instant hacking.. there is literally no point in putting down equipment it getd hacked so much every game..

I think changing those to things would even it out better..
Emp grenades are great.. it would make the choice between the 2 more interesting also.. EMPs would destroy things instantly.. but black hat while slower will let you take the equipment from the enemy.. its a trade off
---
Trick to show you how much the Brain is programmed.. Draw the number six.. while rotating your right leg clockwise.. Your brain will not let it happen..
#13doomedsunsoulPosted 12/4/2012 6:56:24 PM
Simple, i don't want to destroy equipment.

I want to steal it.

With engineer i can easily shoot all the stuff the emp would kill anyway.
#14FungumPosted 12/4/2012 7:41:05 PM
Edavy89 posted...
However, if it is anything above a uav/CUav, you need 2 black hats to destroy it, which could be done with one slot with a launcher.

Blackhats only set off the flares. They act exactly like a launcher. If it takes 2 blackhats, it takes 2 launcher shots. But they take much longer to hack, which I guess is the trade-off for being able to do it inside a building. Not being cannon fodder for the streaks.

doomedsunsoul posted...

I want to steal it.

This, plus if I run CP, I thrown mine on a building/outside the map. Then just blackhat it.
#15Edavy89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:22:22 PM
Fungum posted...
Edavy89 posted...
However, if it is anything above a uav/CUav, you need 2 black hats to destroy it, which could be done with one slot with a launcher.

Blackhats only set off the flares. They act exactly like a launcher. If it takes 2 blackhats, it takes 2 launcher shots. But they take much longer to hack, which I guess is the trade-off for being able to do it inside a building. Not being cannon fodder for the streaks.

doomedsunsoul posted...

I want to steal it.

This, plus if I run CP, I thrown mine on a building/outside the map. Then just blackhat it.

Right, I know if it takes 2 black hats it will take 2 launcher shots, however the second launcher has 2 shots, which means the one slot with a launcher can do the same as 2 black hats was my point.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#16shadowsofdawnPosted 12/5/2012 12:53:29 PM
I tossed one EMP grenade in a Demo match and got a UAV, and halfway to a lightning strike. Took out 2 betties, 2 shock charges, a sentry gun, a guardian, and got an emp assist.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#17DudusCokePosted 12/5/2012 12:55:13 PM
EMP's are better for pure points and dispatching SS's faster. The black hat has more trolling potential and can take out UAV's and other aerial SS's.
---
King dem of Tivoli
#18NidtendofreakPosted 12/5/2012 1:00:41 PM(edited)
Take the Tactician Wildcard, run both. Both are very useful. EMP grenades annoying the enemy, can be randomly tossed to destroy stuff, hits a very wide area. Black Hat lets you use the equipment against the enemy, snag their CPs, and take out UAVs.

...Man, I'm really tempted to try that out now. It would take half of my points to run Tactician and EMP x2 + Black Hat x2, but it might be worth it just to hear the enemy range. I'm already running, Hardline, Scavenger and Engineer on my Handgun class, I don't really need much else on it...one way to really rack up the points, particularly in say ground war where you can just toss EMP grenades out and rack up the assist points.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#19MoegittoPosted 12/5/2012 1:10:25 PM
*Hint Hint* If you're stuck with a Semtex or a Crossbow Semtex you can EMP yourself and it'll drop...
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#20markywhoPosted 12/5/2012 1:11:27 PM
i just take both