What's the easiest way to get assault shield kills?

#1spike_kylePosted 12/4/2012 7:58:32 PM
I want to get a gold camo assault shield so that I can have gold on all of the special weapons. I've been playing free for all and using shock charges to hold the enemy still while I bash him. It's taking a really long time to rack up kills, though, and it's killing my ratio trying to use this craptastic weapon.
Is there any specific mode or tactic that makes it easier to get shield bash kills?
---
I have to make a sig or nobody
reads the last line of my message.
#2JonnywestsidePosted 12/4/2012 8:05:32 PM
Any half-decent player is unlikley to get killed by a shielder. Unfortunately since bullets go right through it you can't even rely on idiots who would unleash a full clip directly at you so you could charge them on the reload.

With its limited cover, slow speed and stupid lunges you are going to struggle to get kills which is a shame IMO since I loved the shield in MW3.
#3NyangasmPosted 12/4/2012 8:05:44 PM
Stun grenades. They're a lot more powerful in this game than they have been in past CoD titles. They seem to last forever. D:
---
Standard or metric?
http://youtu.be/iOZgjPr_3HE
#4gamester091Posted 12/4/2012 8:13:00 PM
Honeslty when ive been playing domination (either in merc or in the dom playlist with a party) Ive been able to get a decent amount of kills with the shield while trying to capture/defending B. Putting on smoke grenades helps alot. Toss a smoke on B when capturing it and someone always walks into it, and you can easily beat them down. And on some maps, once you own B, you can literally just sit on the point and wait for the other team to go for it. (noticed it works best on Yemen)

And I dont think alot of people know this, but you can melee through a assault shield with a assault shield. So if someone on the other team picks yours up or switches to one, just beat them down.
---
Weird. The Royal Ludroth is like a pet dog. Rolls around on land and occasionally gets spit on the floor.-ssj4warrior
#5myrkul8013Posted 12/4/2012 8:20:10 PM
Personally I use the following

Assault Sheild
No Secondary

Lightweight + Ghost
Blind Eye (too many times a Hunter Killer took me out right before i smashed someone)
Extreme Conditioning + Tactical Mask (or Engineer)

Shock Charge + Shock Charge / Shock Charge + Bouncing Betty / OR Black Hat + Bouncing Betty

Perk 1 Greed
Perk 3 Greed

This is a very fragile build I know. But in order to gold something, I force myself to use it ALONE until it is that way.

Lightweight, Extreme Conditioning, and Ghost keep ya from showing up most of the time and allow a lot of momentum. I believe MOMENTUM is what wins or looses a game anyway, more than skill.

Blind Eye as it says is to avoid Hunter Killers, which have a unique ability to always blow you up at the worst time ever.

Tactical Mask is to bypass most of the shock/stun effects that would leave you incredibly vulnerable (more than you already are)
Engineer would be ok if your running a Black Hat build.

I know the Letha/Tactical options look weird so let me explain.
1. Shock Charge x2 = This is to stun opponents and smash them, or to monitor locations if your campy to come up behind them (you put them in front of where you are, so when people hit them, you approach from behind)

2. Shock Charge / Bouncing Betty = Stun with the first one of course as above, but people are less likely to hack them as they are BBs, so I add one of those and use it on higher terrain, so that it goes off and maybe hit markers but doenst kill. Also people will hack BBs and let ya know they are trying to be sneaky.

3. Black hat / Bouncing Betty = This one is rare that i use it, and i replace tactical mask with engineer when I do. I use it to take enemy care packages to help prevent things being called in that would ruin my day. The BB is used as mentioned before, but in this instance if someone hacks it and doenst pay attention, you can hack it back and surprise them. The black hat also helps to remove pests to this build like RC-XDs that you would otherwise have no defense against.

I know this is alot of text, but its the way I am doing it to get my gold. Its the last thing i need left to gold from the specials. I hate the shield btw.... they broke it in this game for sure.

I normally play TDM or Hardpoint (ignoring the objective unfortunately) or Hardcore anything but S+D....

The success of this is similar to that of a knifing build, but with more risk because you dont always kill when you hit them (not that the knife works all too bloody well here either)

Good luck
---
"Work with zeal as hammers peal, melt, anneal, and bend the steel."
#6Small_appliancePosted 12/4/2012 9:48:27 PM
Walk up to someone. Hit them until they die.

Honestly, I found it difficult to walk up to someone and not get a kill. As long as you don't sprint you should be fine.
---
Cooler than Freddie Jackson sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm.
#7gamester091Posted 12/4/2012 9:51:37 PM
Small_appliance posted...
Walk up to someone. Hit them until they die.

Honestly, I found it difficult to walk up to someone and not get a kill. As long as you don't sprint you should be fine.

Yeah it is pretty sad how they instant someone see a shield in this game, they just stand still and unload clip after clip into it....One time i was literally being shot at by everone on the other team as i just stood there and captured B in dom....none of them even tried to flank me...they just stood infront and opened fire....
---
Weird. The Royal Ludroth is like a pet dog. Rolls around on land and occasionally gets spit on the floor.-ssj4warrior