A few thoughts on League Play

#1BTzzPosted 12/4/2012 8:05:38 PM
1. Don't play solo. Don't. Ever.
2. Moshpit is fun, a nice balance between competition and fun. Definitely the winner I think.
3. Tactical Insertion needs to be out of the Moshpit playlist
4. Search and Destroy shouldn't be in the Champions playlist, simply because it's so different in terms of what you need on your classes and really is just so different in general. Should be separate instead of TDM.
5. If it's any indication of overall trends, Skorpion and M8 are going to be the most used guns.
6. Connection seems somewhat less of an issue, but this might just be small sample size.
7. Generally avoid champions for the first few seasons. They need to hammer out the rules and if they're going for competition, they need to remove a few more things. Why is there a strictly competitive playlist that has killstreaks? Just somewhat confusing.
8. CTF is much better than the normal playlist.

Overall more impressed by league play than the rest of the game. It really does fit the competitive side of COD well, and makes me continue to wonder why the hell they have SBMM.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#2JVel91Posted 12/4/2012 8:08:01 PM
League play was fun when I played in a party.
---
EMS
#3ImTooSkilleddPosted 12/4/2012 8:08:40 PM
JVel91 posted...
League play was fun when I played in a party.

What a profound statement :D
#4homerowedroxPosted 12/4/2012 8:10:49 PM
Take hardpoint out of it. All that is is knowing when it spawns and where. If it was random that would help too.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/SKULL+JR05.png
http://www.last.fm/user/skulljr05
#5A_CosmonautPosted 12/4/2012 8:16:32 PM
I play solo and generally it goes okay.

I don't agree about the SnD thing, since Champions is where the MLG wannabe people are and that's a big part of MLG/Gamebattles. And they give you 5 classes, so it shouldn't be much of a problem making one for SnD.
---
When it comes to hateful words I got skin like a rhinoceros.
#6BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:17:48 PM
A_Cosmonaut posted...
I play solo and generally it goes okay.

I don't agree about the SnD thing, since Champions is where the MLG wannabe people are and that's a big part of MLG/Gamebattles. And they give you 5 classes, so it shouldn't be much of a problem making one for SnD.

One SND class doesn't work though. There's no universal class that's good for Search on every map.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#7A_CosmonautPosted 12/4/2012 8:22:23 PM
But then you could say your needs for CTF are as different from Hardpoint as they are from SnD. I think 5 classes is more than enough to cover 3 gametypes. If you need to change something just do it really quickly before the game.
---
When it comes to hateful words I got skin like a rhinoceros.
#8BlaeuPosted 12/4/2012 8:26:58 PM
homerowedrox posted...
Take hardpoint out of it. All that is is knowing when it spawns and where. If it was random that would help too.

Making it random would take all strategy out of Hardpoint. The very fact you do know where it spawns next allows you to plan ahead and set some of your team to set up ahead of time. The linear movement is the only thing that makes it "competitive."

Five classes is generally enough to cover all of your bases. You can dedicate two to Search if you need, have one for running the flag in CTF, an SMG slayer and an AR slayer. Its good to make one designed to be in the Hardpoint, and I do that with my SMG class.

If that's not to your liking, the solution is not to remove Search, it is to give us more custom classes. Search has always been part of the Competitive game types.
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#9duericPosted 12/4/2012 8:43:35 PM
I dug it. It's challenging enough to keep you interested.

The one thing I could do without is the quitting, though.

If you're one of the people who absolutely despises dashboarders, this is NOT the mode for you.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#10zxrax_alt_1Posted 12/4/2012 9:03:50 PM
7. Generally avoid champions for the first few seasons. They need to hammer out the rules and if they're going for competition, they need to remove a few more things. Why is there a strictly competitive playlist that has killstreaks? Just somewhat confusing.

Because Vahn wants to push competitive CoD into the casuals view. He thinks (and some pros agree) that allowing killstreaks and other things that older games had banned will make more casual CoD players want to play or watch competitive CoD. They argue that making the competitive scene more similar to the pub match scene will make pub match players more interested and able to relate to competitive.

The problem is that CoD is a casual game. MLG starcraft, LoL and games of that nature have a following of mostly hardcore gamers. The reason those games are popular competitively isn't that the game is the same on an amateur and professional level - it's that the people who play it are hardcore gamers. You don't get people who buy an $800+ gaming computer and play Starcraft but only play it for 4-5 hours a week. You get that with CoD.

CoD is a casual game for casuals. Making it competitive appeals to a certain niche of players and can be fun, but trying to blend the competitive and public match aspects makes it s***ty.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
3770K @4.44GHz || 8GB 2133MHz || ROG Maximus V Extreme || SSD 840 250GB || 2TB HDD