A few thoughts on League Play

#11zxrax_alt_1Posted 12/4/2012 9:05:05 PM
But then you could say your needs for CTF are as different from Hardpoint as they are from SnD. I think 5 classes is more than enough to cover 3 gametypes. If you need to change something just do it really quickly before the game.

I don't know about Moshpit but you only get about 8 seconds between knowing what game/map you're playing and starting the game in championship. I don't even pay attention until the game starts. I'd like to see extra classes in League.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
3770K @4.44GHz || 8GB 2133MHz || ROG Maximus V Extreme || SSD 840 250GB || 2TB HDD
#12BlaeuPosted 12/4/2012 9:34:42 PM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
The problem is that CoD is a casual game. MLG starcraft, LoL and games of that nature have a following of mostly hardcore gamers. The reason those games are popular competitively isn't that the game is the same on an amateur and professional level - it's that the people who play it are hardcore gamers. You don't get people who buy an $800+ gaming computer and play Starcraft but only play it for 4-5 hours a week. You get that with CoD.

This is VERY misguided. The very reason that Starcraft 2 and LoL are doing so well is that it can be played at a very high level AND is FULL of casual players. They succeed because the casual player is playing THE SAME GAME as the competitive players.

CoD can do this, but it has to slowly move that direction since what is considered casual play now cannot pass for competitive play. E-sports are also starting to become mainstream so the attempt is important to re-establish CoD as a game people want to buy instead of one people complain about non-stop.
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#13angrybirdsdudePosted 12/4/2012 9:44:18 PM
Blaeu posted...
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
The problem is that CoD is a casual game. MLG starcraft, LoL and games of that nature have a following of mostly hardcore gamers. The reason those games are popular competitively isn't that the game is the same on an amateur and professional level - it's that the people who play it are hardcore gamers. You don't get people who buy an $800+ gaming computer and play Starcraft but only play it for 4-5 hours a week. You get that with CoD.

This is VERY misguided. The very reason that Starcraft 2 and LoL are doing so well is that it can be played at a very high level AND is FULL of casual players. They succeed because the casual player is playing THE SAME GAME as the competitive players.

CoD can do this, but it has to slowly move that direction since what is considered casual play now cannot pass for competitive play. E-sports are also starting to become mainstream so the attempt is important to re-establish CoD as a game people want to buy instead of one people complain about non-stop.

when I play lol or sc2 I don't play the same game as the pros, my zergs and stuff are retarded and won't do what I want them to.

obviously not the same.
---
spread the <3
#14zxrax_alt_1Posted 12/4/2012 10:27:11 PM

No it's not. Are there casual players? Yes. Are they "Casual" in the same way 95% of CoD players are casual? Abso-f***ing-lutely not.
---
Something clever here // Cool story, male sibling
GT: KHaN I Raage || Before you ask, check Den Kirson!
#15Halo_ForeverPosted 12/4/2012 11:20:14 PM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...

No it's not. Are there casual players? Yes. Are they "Casual" in the same way 95% of CoD players are casual? Abso-f***ing-lutely not.

Are you genuinely telling me that the 40 million LoL players are death serious hardcore players? I wouldn't be surprised if there was proportionally less casuals in CoD.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#16angrybirdsdudePosted 12/4/2012 11:37:14 PM
Halo_Forever posted...
zxrax_alt_1 posted...

Are you genuinely telling me that the 40 million LoL players are death serious hardcore players? I wouldn't be surprised if there was proportionally less casuals in CoD.

even if LoL has more players and more (relative) casuals, the mass of casuals on LoL are like, 4s or 5s on the 1-10 spectrum of casual (1) to hardcore (10). where as in CoD the majority of casual players would be much more casual, even if there are less.

if that makes any sense, different audiences so thus different levels of how casual a casual player is, or how hardcore a hardcore player is, etc etc. speaking in terms of comparing the two franchise's fanbase.
---
spread the <3
#17Zero IXPosted 12/5/2012 12:47:08 AM
Good topic +1
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#18zxrax_alt_1Posted 12/5/2012 12:58:53 AM
Good topic +1

It doesn't make up for the dozens of bad ones though.
---
Something clever here // Cool story, male sibling
GT: KHaN I Raage || Before you ask, check Den Kirson!
#19A_CosmonautPosted 12/5/2012 1:06:06 AM
Did you confuse him with yourself?
---
When it comes to hateful words I got skin like a rhinoceros.
#20Superman070776Posted 12/5/2012 1:09:57 AM
M8<AN
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.