Am I the only one who turns off aim assist

#11gamester091Posted 12/4/2012 9:36:30 PM
fatclemenza posted...
Aim assist is un necessary unless you have terrible aim.

I see you're new to console shooters

They could take the BF3 route and just make you have overly large hitboxes :P
---
Weird. The Royal Ludroth is like a pet dog. Rolls around on land and occasionally gets spit on the floor.-ssj4warrior
#12myrkul8013Posted 12/4/2012 9:37:23 PM
gamester091 posted...
fatclemenza posted...
Aim assist is un necessary unless you have terrible aim.

I see you're new to console shooters

They could take the BF3 route and just make you have overly large hitboxes :P

LOL

I would however like bullet drop...
Apply some actual ballistics to the game....
---
"Work with zeal as hammers peal, melt, anneal, and bend the steel."
#13ZeroShot101(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:37:51 PM
imthestuntman posted...
depends. it does help a bit. ive noticed it helping since i turned it back on.

oh and even with aim assist off you still do get some so it defeats the purpose of trying to make you feel "pro"

Not trying to sound "pro" just voicing an opinion but i forget that gamefaqs doesn't allow you to do so.
#14chessmyantidrugPosted 12/4/2012 9:38:06 PM
I turned it off for a while because it kept pulling my aim off other enemies, but I wound up turning it back on because of the crappy hit detection.
#15fatclemenzaPosted 12/4/2012 9:38:20 PM

There wouldn't be a single engagement in this game where bullet drop would be a factor

and LOL at BF3's bullet velocities. Most of them are extremely inaccurate.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#16myrkul8013Posted 12/4/2012 9:39:40 PM
fatclemenza posted...

There wouldn't be a single engagement in this game where bullet drop would be a factor

and LOL at BF3's bullet velocities. Most of them are extremely inaccurate.

Thats true... honestly i wasnt thinking about how small the maps are on this CoD... thas a good point... hell even your SMGs would bearly begin to drop...
---
"Work with zeal as hammers peal, melt, anneal, and bend the steel."
#17PharoahPelicanPosted 12/4/2012 9:40:35 PM
I turned it off when it kept messing up my aim in the campaign. I don't think I've missed it.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#18gamester091Posted 12/4/2012 9:41:17 PM
PharoahPelican posted...
I turned it off when it kept messing up my aim in the campaign. I don't think I've missed it.

HEY! i thought you blew up!
---
Weird. The Royal Ludroth is like a pet dog. Rolls around on land and occasionally gets spit on the floor.-ssj4warrior
#19imthestuntmanPosted 12/4/2012 9:41:41 PM
ZeroShot101 posted...
imthestuntman posted...
depends. it does help a bit. ive noticed it helping since i turned it back on.

oh and even with aim assist off you still do get some so it defeats the purpose of trying to make you feel "pro"

Not trying to sound "pro" just voicing an opinion but i forget that gamefaqs doesn't allow you to do so.

i apologize then, i am just used to people who come onto gamefaqs saying stuff with that being their sole intention. if that wasnt the case here i do apologize.

honestly there are some merits to it, like knifing being borderline impossible without it off. however it really does depend quite a bit on the gun you are using.

with the DSR i find it helpful when only encountering 1 enemy but crippling when fighting more than one.

with the b23r i find it helpful to have it off.

with the m8a1 i find having it on helps me.

these are the three main guns i use so realistically its a mixed result... but when it comes down to it on average the auto aim is more useful on except for that rare moments it gets you completely screwed.

like i said before though even with it turned off there still is aim assist to an extent.
---
A number of polite gentlemen requested I change my signature. So i did.
I want my Minecraft Xbox 360 Wedge Antilles skin.
#20gamester091Posted 12/4/2012 9:42:51 PM
Seems i might try to turn it off then....hmmmm
---