My league play experience

#1bigwaynerPosted 12/4/2012 11:38:37 PM
Looked it over, saw the TDM said solo play and no mention of team play, so I tried it out. Won all of the placement matches, got put into Gold Division, awesome. First match, lose. Hm, second, lose. Third, fourth, I lost all of them. Everyone on my team went negative no matter what, even scores of 30-5 couldnt win it for me. and after about 20 losses in a row I'm in Iron division and I'm never touching league play again.
#2GarrafanPosted 12/4/2012 11:39:47 PM
It should be based off of KDR not W/L
---
A7x is the best band ever.
#3Zero IXPosted 12/4/2012 11:43:22 PM
Garrafan posted...

Good god no.

xfd
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#4GarrafanPosted 12/4/2012 11:44:43 PM
Zero IX posted...
Garrafan posted...

Good god no.

xfd

Give me a reason why it shouldn't be other than people backing out/dashboarding. I say three instances of both combined in one day results in a League Play ban for a week.
---
A7x is the best band ever.
#5NoDozTweakerPosted 12/4/2012 11:59:42 PM
Zero IX posted...
Garrafan posted...

Good god no.

xfd

Since TC said they tried TDM why shouldn't it be KDR? It isn't an objective based game mode :/
#6bigwayner(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:14:42 AM
I just don't understand, TDM was the only one listed with "solo play" only. Yet my personal performance has nothing to do with my rank. I'm used to having a W/L of 1.0 in core TDM, but 20 matches of losing in a row? There is something devious at work here. Is there some way the other teams are all friends and my teams just randoms?
#7Aether_LyricPosted 12/5/2012 12:17:39 AM
bigwayner posted...
I just don't understand, TDM was the only one listed with "solo play" only. Yet my personal performance has nothing to do with my rank. I'm used to having a W/L of 1.0 in core TDM, but 20 matches of losing in a row? There is something devious at work here. Is there some way the other teams are all friends and my teams just randoms?

Parties are allowed, the solo listing just means that you can't get ranked as a team like the Champions series.
#8bigwayner(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:22:44 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
bigwayner posted...
I just don't understand..

Parties are allowed, the solo listing just means that you can't get ranked as a team like the Champions series.

Well that makes sense I guess. Here's for hoping they add some kind of mercenary or FFA gametype for lone wolves like me.
#9lexussssPosted 12/5/2012 3:23:25 AM
bigwayner posted...
Looked it over, saw the TDM said solo play and no mention of team play, so I tried it out. Won all of the placement matches, got put into Gold Division, awesome. First match, lose. Hm, second, lose. Third, fourth, I lost all of them. Everyone on my team went negative no matter what, even scores of 30-5 couldnt win it for me. and after about 20 losses in a row I'm in Iron division and I'm never touching league play again.

This is hilarious - try championship series, 4v4 = less people getting carried