The definition of Tryhard

#1Krazoa2Posted 12/4/2012 11:39:58 PM
Is someone who takes the game too seriously.

Try to counter that one.

inb4allthepeoplemadtheygetcalledatryhardcryoutstupidcomments
#2Lerp85Posted 12/4/2012 11:41:58 PM
I honestly get that, I just find it funny how if some one does bad they are called a newb, or any of many other insults. Some one does good and they are called a tryhard. It is hilarious.

Kinda like how there is no way to snipe without being insulted. LOL
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#3curtlandPosted 12/4/2012 11:42:53 PM
Does anyone really get mad being called a "Tryhard"?

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever actually seen someone take offense at it.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#4myrkul8013Posted 12/4/2012 11:43:39 PM
While this Could be a definition, if it is then people have been using the term far to often than applicable...

Hell I was called a tryhard for going after the Wet Work challenge.. i just thought it would be something different
---
"Work with zeal as hammers peal, melt, anneal, and bend the steel."
#5bigwaynerPosted 12/4/2012 11:44:12 PM
Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
#6Lerp85Posted 12/4/2012 11:45:02 PM
myrkul8013 posted...
While this Could be a definition, if it is then people have been using the term far to often than applicable...

Hell I was called a tryhard for going after the Wet Work challenge.. i just thought it would be something different

Not only that but people going for an objective get called tryhard all the time in this game. How is playing a mode the way you are supposed to play it "trying too hard"?
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#7Krazoa2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:47:10 PM
Lerp85 posted...
I honestly get that, I just find it funny how if some one does bad they are called a newb, or any of many other insults. Some one does good and they are called a tryhard. It is hilarious.

Kinda like how there is no way to snipe without being insulted. LOL

If you kill someone, they will insult you. That's how Xbox Live works.

myrkul8013 posted...

Like every other insult? It's amazing what we can accomplish when we decide to stop and think for a second before jumping to conclusions. (Sarcasm not directed at you)
#8scrilla_oPosted 12/4/2012 11:49:27 PM
Your called a tryhard if you do good while useing an AR,SMG, or LMG
---
I dont need a life, im a gamer I have many lives ;)
#9possessionPosted 12/5/2012 12:02:35 AM
"Tryhard" so far as I am concerned means one of three things:

1) You are quickscoping because you are abysmal at sniping.
2) You are dropshotting because you can't hit the broad side of a barn.
3) You are camping because you suck at everything.

Argue with fervor, for all I care.
---
"Baldercrap! I created your universe. The only thing you created was my fist parallel to your face!" ~ Prof. Farnsworth
#10JVel91Posted 12/5/2012 12:16:13 AM
Hi.
---
EMS