So with 300k-500k + players online...

#1ICantNameGudPosted 12/4/2012 11:56:09 PM
Why the hell is it that during the middle of the day I play against people from ****ing Ohio and Tennessee?! Why the **** is that at 9pm, I'm playing against mexicans or Californians? Whcam I playing against ****ing BRITISH PEOPLE AT 8AM?!

I undertand that ther probably aren't 50,000 people on the East coast at all times. But who cares, some entire game modes have less than 2000 players. Am I expected to believe that between the hours of 8pm and 11AM New England collectively doesn't have a single lobby, much less hundreds?

This is bull****
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#2FungumPosted 12/4/2012 11:57:45 PM
nah brah, our connection-ping-based match making is good brah. it's all in your head bro.
#3The_Last_AznPosted 12/4/2012 11:58:15 PM
SBMM is a pain in the ass. It laughs at the previous brilliant idea of locale only and matches you with players near your SPM, no matter where they're from.
---
Gamertag: The Last Azn
Black FC: 4513 0061 7179
#4AirRawr_Posted 12/4/2012 11:58:34 PM
hey I live in TN you got a problem
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#5ICantNameGud(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:02:35 AM
AirRawr_ posted...

DEY TOOK ARE LOBBES
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#6MoegittoPosted 12/5/2012 12:07:18 AM
ICantNameGud posted...
AirRawr_ posted...

DEY TOOK ARE LOBBES

That's further south, I'm in Tennessee going to school and I'm from Washington DC and I still haven't seen much of that stereotype here. Also, why are British people always complaining about playing with Americans? I can understand the crappy community but I can assure you that's worldwide.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#7yediPosted 12/5/2012 12:09:12 AM
because the only people in your "skill tier" are people with bad connections. All the time. Not terrible connections though, just bad enough that the game will sway lag comp in their favor over you in every gun fight you'll ever get into.

It's kinda funny that they make general match making use "skill" as a deciding factor who it matches you with, when all factor of "skill" flies out the window the second someone uses barrel bottom internet or throttles their connection to abuse lag compensation. Or buffer bloat. Or whatever the hell Treyarch is calling it now in an attempt to hide their terrible system.

I'm almost certain the top reaches of the KDR and SPM spectrum is just a bunch of people using dial-up ComCast internet downloading 30 gigs of swank bank material, teleporting around the map all the time practically unable to kill or be killed(since everyone else is just as bad off as they are).
---
XBL: rune yedi WII:7327 0713 1219 5379 PS3: yedi
yedi.deviantart.com
#8ICantNameGud(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:09:52 AM
Moegitto posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
AirRawr_ posted...

DEY TOOK ARE LOBBES

That's further south, I'm in Tennessee going to school and I'm from Washington DC and I still haven't seen much of that stereotype here. Also, why are British people always complaining about playing with Americans? I can understand the crappy community but I can assure you that's worldwide.

The same reason I as a New Yorker am pissed about playing with people from Enland or even Ohio: there's obviously dozens or hundreds of local lobbies, instead we are forced to play with people 1000 or more miles away in a connection based game where you fie in .2 seconds.
---
#9Aether_LyricPosted 12/5/2012 12:10:31 AM
Is your search setting on "best"? I get 4 bar local hosts 24/7
#10ICantNameGud(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:14:40 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
Is your search setting on "best"? I get 4 bar local hosts 24/7

I can do best or normal, xbox wired or wi-fi, any combination of the four. I can say now since the game has been out a bit with no shadow of a doubt that no combo of those make a difference that isn't 1-2 match placebo.

I live in a rural small area so actual local lobbies won't happeb, w/e. that doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous I play with people from god damn Omaha and London over NYC and boston.
---