Plaza

#11Frost_MirrorPosted 12/5/2012 3:58:01 AM
torey_caylor posted...
RJrockstar posted...
I blame the sniper camp spots. Couldve been a cool map but they had to go and put that up.

This. They just had to ruin these maps with annoying camping spots. Exoress also comes to my mind. Drone also has 2 camping buildings on the flank. They just didn't learn from Firing Range, which was a fun map, but had that annoying tower which of course campers took advantage off.

But even without the camping spots Plaza is not too good IMO. It's narrow, like BF3 tunnel map design. Pretty annoying. Should've broaden it up a bit.

Noob tower and noob cliff from Blops weren't THAT annoying.

Once I versed a team who were all up there who had Tac mask and flak jacket.
#12All-Wrapped-Up(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:10:32 AM
Part of it is just the 'feel' of the map - The way it looks rather than how it plays, I mean
I find the colours and the lighting totally off-putting to the point of distraction

I'm usually not a fan of night maps in any game but COD has often had exceptions (Bog, Hanoi, even Wet Work) - I find Plaza just a bit sickly

The other thing both Treyarch and IW are both guilty of is filling up their maps with rubble
I'm SICK of all the rubble!
When did they decide so many of their maps have to be already half destroyed?

The best COD maps throughout the series are usually one of two types -

Urban/Industrial - From gloomy Russian style (Bloc etc) to all the Middle Eastern city maps, fighting in a proper built-up environment just feels like the proper COD to me

And country/farm type maps - Same as above I think, playing COD feels better in a location where an actual military engagement might happen
#13All-Wrapped-Up(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:18:05 AM
And slightly off topic question while I'm here

What was the name of the map in COD4 that was I think an office building, the main feature I remember was the car park/parking lot outside with another building you could snipe from?
General modern looking map,Western setting, grey skies I think, quite dark areas in the main building

I've been on the wiki looking through them and I can't find anything close - am I going mad?
Was it in MW2?
#14w00dy925Posted 12/5/2012 5:00:29 AM
I dont have a huge problem with plaza. Hijacked is by far, my most hated map since mw2(my first mp experience with a cod). I played it on launch day and ever since if it gets chosen in the pregame lobby, i back out instantly. Its pathetic. Meltdown might be my favorite map in blops 2. Ive had my best games on that map. Multiple 70+ kill games. Every other map though, ill have 2 real good games, then one badbad game, then one horrible game. Its pretty lame:/ good games in a row are very inconsistent for me in this game.
#15RapaleemanPosted 12/5/2012 5:02:28 AM
All-Wrapped-Up posted...
And slightly off topic question while I'm here

What was the name of the map in COD4 that was I think an office building, the main feature I remember was the car park/parking lot outside with another building you could snipe from?
General modern looking map,Western setting, grey skies I think, quite dark areas in the main building

I've been on the wiki looking through them and I can't find anything close - am I going mad?
Was it in MW2?

Broadcast. It was in the map pack they released as DLC. Loved that map for shotgunning.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.