Pro Tip for no perk/no attachment challenges

#1RapaleemanPosted 12/5/2012 5:58:12 AM
So I have been doing some of the challenges for camos and came across the no perks/no attachments ones for Cherry Blossom and Art of War.

Everyone know to stack these and essentially just do them at the same time to minimize the time it takes but I was looking for a way to make it easier. Using no perks or attachments on some of the poopier weapons puts you at a major disadvantage.

After screwing around with some setups I found that Tactician was a must. You get up to 4 tactical grenades. I've seen tips before where people run shock charges and stuns so this tip isn't new. This worked ok but I found the sensor grenades to be really valuable for those close range weapons.

Using shock charges in combination with the sensor grenades made life a lot easier when using the KSG and the Executioner. It makes it easier to plan out how you are going to take or attack an area as you get a mini-VTOL wherever you chuck the grenade.

Another minor tip is to stack weapons. I found doing a primary and secondary weapon with no perk/no attachments at the same time went really well. Especially for the shotguns and I'm assuming this would work well for a pistol and a sniper as well.

Hope this helps. 150 no perk kills with the Executioner is turning out to be pretty painless with this method. I played three KC matches last night and am already at around 48 for each. Just cherry pick your maps and matchups to play to the strength of the weapon.

As a note: I typically play solo so playing with a good team that is UAV spamming may make it easier but I don't like rely on randoms to play well. Another note is that even throwing one of these in a room where you know a guy is in there will result in an arrow popping showing where he is looking. This method would work well with a knife only set up.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#2darkshadowmasterPosted 12/5/2012 6:00:46 AM
HC FFA and HC TDM make these challenges a breeze.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#3Rapaleeman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:31:46 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
HC FFA and HC TDM make these challenges a breeze.

I like to have fun when playing a game and the people that play HC are usually either super campy or just spray and pray with an SMG. If I'm going to die cheap deaths, I'd rather have a chance to absorb some damage rather than just dropping dead from a camper.

To each their own but even in core, these are pretty easy for the weapons I actually want to get gold though 150 pistol kills with no perks/attachments is a little insane when the shotguns are only 50.
---
#4darkshadowmasterPosted 12/5/2012 7:08:42 AM
If we were talking MW3 then I would agree about HC being incredibly campy. However I don't know if it's just the UAV spam in this game but you don't find many campers in HC from my experience. But what you do find is a bunch of target finders.

I do get what you are saying though, but no matter what way you slice it there is nothing fun about getting 150 kill with no attachments and perks for me so I like to just get it done quickly which HC seems to do. I have yet to have that portion take a little more than an hr when I just do them both in HC FFA.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#5Rapaleeman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:33:46 AM
@darkshadowmaster

You be lucky. I seem to constantly get paired in HC TDM or HC CTF with clans that camp a section of the map and then send on guy out with a suppressed SMG to hip fire and screw the spawns up even more. I don't rely on team mate UAVs and mine typically get shot down immediately in HC. Not a fan of FFA but that is personal preference.

I was literally just screwing around and pulled those 48 kills with the Executioner over 3 matches of KC last night in different lobbies playing solo. Took less than 20 minutes and I found the sensor grenades to be oddly useful. I thought they were going to be garbage but since they pop a real time arrow and motion tracking within range for a good 15 seconds I found them invaluable.

Got me two bloodthirsty medals too though I kept running out of ammo. Stupid that you only get 20 rounds for a weapon that is so inconsistent. Can't wait to blow through the rest of challenges with scavenger and fast mags. I did them the night before just for fun but since I hadn't gotten the last headshot for the camo unlock they didn't track.
---