Black Ops II sales reach $1 billion in 15 days

#11BTzzPosted 12/5/2012 9:08:42 AM
Ateas posted...
The sales are just proof of how gullible CoD players are, and how willing they are to waste their money. Go on - keep buying the same game every year, and continue proving to the industry that innovation and creativity is not needed when you can just rehash the same crap and make a billion dollars. CoD might not be dying, but it's slowly draining the life out of gaming.

First of all, this isn't a new phenomenon. For the entire history of gaming there's been marquee franchises that haven't changed, and in some respects there's always been a lack of innovation. The SNES era was a lot of people making platformers because Mario was successful, for example. This isn't new and it's most certainly not permanent. Saying gaming is dying because a series whose business model you don't like is the most successful any gaming franchise that's ever existed has been is asinine.

Second of all, COD isn't 'dying' per se, but it is absolutely, 100% regressing.

Third of all, they're quality games. I dislike aspects of just about all of them, but they're well made, generally polished, work well, control well, play well. If it was so easy to do what COD does, other people would have done it already. Instead, we see games like Homefront, MOH, and countless others fail because they're quite simply not as good.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#12Aether_LyricPosted 12/5/2012 9:09:53 AM
adeel posted...
it took 9 days for MW3. CoD is dying.

If you look at the article, MW3 took 16 days
#13chicken8orPosted 12/5/2012 9:14:54 AM
Wow, $1 billion in just over two weeks year after year after year and they still can't put out a game with respectable net coding. They forget the single most important aspect of a shooting game...the bullets going where you aim them. Just makes you wonder.

They just need to tone down the speed of the avatars. They have even admitted that the engine can't handle how fast everybody is moving and that you will actually outplay the engine and it will fall behind.

All of those people running through your bullets just to knife you...yeah, they are going too fast for the game to keep up, not the connection, the actual coding for the game itself.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#14GTAGamer4LifePosted 12/5/2012 9:14:56 AM
Ateas posted...
The sales are just proof of how gullible CoD players are, and how willing they are to waste their money. Go on - keep buying the same game every year, and continue proving to the industry that innovation and creativity is not needed when you can just rehash the same crap and make a billion dollars. CoD might not be dying, but it's slowly draining the life out of gaming.

Do you know John Madden or work for EA Sports?
---
Started 8/3/07
Not changing this sig until my Denver Broncos win another Super Bowl.
#15Eggroll360Posted 12/5/2012 9:16:14 AM
chicken8or posted...
Wow, $1 billion in just over two weeks year after year after year and they still can't put out a game with respectable net coding. They forget the single most important aspect of a shooting game...the bullets going where you aim them. Just makes you wonder.

They just need to tone down the speed of the avatars. They have even admitted that the engine can't handle how fast everybody is moving and that you will actually outplay the engine and it will fall behind.

All of those people running through your bullets just to knife you...yeah, they are going too fast for the game to keep up, not the connection, the actual coding for the game itself.

link
---
http://i.imgur.com/poujT.png -Anima_LiVE
http://i.imgur.com/mo9Gq.gif
#16Zero IXPosted 12/5/2012 9:17:52 AM(edited)
It's the "hard truth" that very few games handle as well as CoD does.

Whose ass did you pull this out of?

Oh, right: yours.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#17shadowsofdawnPosted 12/5/2012 9:19:15 AM
adeel posted...
it took 9 days for MW3. CoD is dying.

Lmao did you even open the link before putting your foot in your mouth?
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#18namewitheldPosted 12/5/2012 9:21:34 AM
Just here to rebut: COD games arent well made. Compared to contemporary titles they are pathetically bad looking and they have last gen controls ( floating around two inches off the floor).

Compared to Valves latest update to a fifteen year old game cod sucks.
#19FeelMyBladePosted 12/5/2012 9:22:02 AM
Haters are already pissed.
Good.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-38
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Wait list: 1, Given:13
#20kollie89Posted 12/5/2012 9:22:51 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64830334
gg