Black Ops II sales reach $1 billion in 15 days

#21BTzzPosted 12/5/2012 9:25:42 AM
namewitheld posted...
Just here to rebut: COD games arent well made. Compared to contemporary titles they are pathetically bad looking and they have last gen controls ( floating around two inches off the floor).

Compared to Valves latest update to a fifteen year old game cod sucks.

Comparing a PC game to an Xbox game is unfair. The games look fine compared to other Xbox games and control better than just about all of them.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#22TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/5/2012 9:26:51 AM
BTzz posted...

Third of all, they're quality games. I dislike aspects of just about all of them, but they're well made, generally polished, work well, control well, play well. If it was so easy to do what COD does, other people would have done it already. Instead, we see games like Homefront, MOH, and countless others fail because they're quite simply not as good.

LOL what games are you playing? The only thing I can agree with is "controll well." Massive amounts of lag with an engine that should have been perfected with all the years it's been used, my killstreak swimming underground and killing me, my other killstreak not deploying at all, and the sound going out completely, just to name a few, do not constitute well made, polished, or working well to me. You must have very low standards.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#23chicken8orPosted 12/5/2012 9:27:15 AM
Eggroll360 posted...
chicken8or posted...
Wow, $1 billion in just over two weeks year after year after year and they still can't put out a game with respectable net coding. They forget the single most important aspect of a shooting game...the bullets going where you aim them. Just makes you wonder.

They just need to tone down the speed of the avatars. They have even admitted that the engine can't handle how fast everybody is moving and that you will actually outplay the engine and it will fall behind.

All of those people running through your bullets just to knife you...yeah, they are going too fast for the game to keep up, not the connection, the actual coding for the game itself.

link

Haven't found the link yet, still looking.

He talked about the hitboxes stretching because the engine can't keep up with the fast paced movements. He also said that the character models just move too fast for the game/netcoding to keep up.

This is one of the biggest reasons you can die after already going around a corner. Your model is beyond the corner, but the hitboxes have stretched, effectively leaving you out in the open still. Ever killed a dropshotter by shooting the air above them? Same thing.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#24TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/5/2012 9:34:11 AM(edited)
chicken8or posted...
Eggroll360 posted...
chicken8or posted...
Wow, $1 billion in just over two weeks year after year after year and they still can't put out a game with respectable net coding. They forget the single most important aspect of a shooting game...the bullets going where you aim them. Just makes you wonder.

They just need to tone down the speed of the avatars. They have even admitted that the engine can't handle how fast everybody is moving and that you will actually outplay the engine and it will fall behind.

All of those people running through your bullets just to knife you...yeah, they are going too fast for the game to keep up, not the connection, the actual coding for the game itself.

link

Haven't found the link yet, still looking.

He talked about the hitboxes stretching because the engine can't keep up with the fast paced movements. He also said that the character models just move too fast for the game/netcoding to keep up.

This is one of the biggest reasons you can die after already going around a corner. Your model is beyond the corner, but the hitboxes have stretched, effectively leaving you out in the open still. Ever killed a dropshotter by shooting the air above them? Same thing.

You know, this actually makes sense to me. The question is, if what they say is true, why not do the common sense thing and slow it down a tad? CoD4 got it right for the most part, and I don't recall anyone complaining about that game being too slow paced.

I mean, if a the speed on a sign is too fast for a car to round a curve, they reduce the speed on the sign, they don't just leave it there and see what happens. Maybe I'm just expecting too much from Treyarch.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#25FeelMyBladePosted 12/5/2012 9:32:29 AM
I bet supergreat and the other hate sheeps are crying themselves to sleep.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-38
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Wait list: 1, Given:13
#26WoramotPosted 12/5/2012 9:33:16 AM
Now the question is...how long would it have taken to make a billion bucks to sell the actual game itself without the (mostly) useless crap in the premium edition? Some fanboys spent over twice as much money (like my cousin) just so he could have a mini-care package...
---
Derpy is best pony.
Gamertag: Vault DweIIer. The L in Vault is a capital i.
#27forgotten0285Posted 12/5/2012 9:34:35 AM
BTzz posted...
forgotten0285 posted...
the answer to all questions about problems with the game is now "because they have one billion dollars"

One billion in sales isn't one billion in profit.

Thanks for the business class, professor. You can STFU now.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#28chicken8orPosted 12/5/2012 9:35:34 AM
Zero IX posted...
It's the "hard truth" that very few games handle as well as CoD does.

Whose ass did you pull this out of?

Oh, right: yours.

No, it was pulled straight from the ass of Treyarch themselves. Why would I make this crap up? Everybody here knows that the lag is unbearable and inconsistent as hell. If you don't believe that it is then I want to play on your XBOX and connection. I'd be a whole lot happier.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#29Jadex9Posted 12/5/2012 9:37:03 AM
Ateas posted...
The sales are just proof of how gullible CoD players are, and how willing they are to waste their money. Go on - keep buying the same game every year, and continue proving to the industry that innovation and creativity is not needed when you can just rehash the same crap and make a billion dollars. CoD might not be dying, but it's slowly draining the life out of gaming.

Yeah, then games like Dishonored come out and slap your theory in the mouth.

Gaming is doing good, DLC and Online passes aside.

There are more and more innovative games coming out during this era then ever before.

RDR, LA Noire, Dishonored, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, Sleeping Dogs, XCOM : Enemy Unknown, Forza Horizon, Skyward Sword, Xenoblade Chronicles, Valkyria Chronicles.

All innovative and geniunely great games that have come out during this dystopian Post-COD world you guys try to constantly paint.
---
GT: Jdex99 PSN: Jadex9 Wii: unnecessarily long series of numbers
#30Zero IXPosted 12/5/2012 9:42:02 AM(edited)

That's incorrect:

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=nonsense&thread=53&page=1#195

Edit: Just to be clear, what I'm saying is that this has nothing to do with the game "not being able to keep up with the programming." It's just latency.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame