Goodbye COD

#1MaxFelixPosted 12/5/2012 9:02:42 AM
I said I wasn't going to buy BO2 if I didn't like the map design - but deep down I knew I would buy the game no matter what. But I actually didn't. Complains about small maps, hectic gameplay and chaotic killstreaks turned me off.

I loved the simple gameplay in COD4/WaW but I feel COD becomes more and more confusing - and it doesn't have to. Etc. it's not important to have tons of killstreaks to choose from - most are fillers. 5-6 killstreaks would be just as fun.

I would have prefered actual COD4 copy/paste all the way, with very few gimmicks (a few new 7th kill rewards), lots of improvements to SP and focus on maps design, not killstreaks. In the old ones people played for the team. In the new ones people play for themselves (rewards, QS, k/d etc.). At least that's how it feels to me.

It's probably just me. I should have realized that pre-MW2 gameplay is never coming back. Hopefully next gen all developers will be able to make 60 fps game and something will feel like COD4. There's got to be a market for 60 fps shooters with medium to large sized maps and few or no killstreaks. Gun on gun and frag on frag all the way with WWII setting or similar.
#2MrMRBPosted 12/5/2012 9:03:56 AM
Really sad to see you go. Is there anything I/we can do to help?
---
Gamertag: MrMRB
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Fifa 13
#3cheese_game619Posted 12/5/2012 9:04:10 AM
ive been looking all over for this thanks so much for the info wow my life its about to change thank you
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#4Frost_LASERPosted 12/5/2012 9:06:46 AM
I find it somewhat sad Cod 4 plays better than this game all around. Even with so few people playing online it doesn't lag anywhere near as bad as this game.
#5MaxFelix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:06:18 AM
@MrMRB and @MrMRB cheese_game619 I will miss you too.

And yes. COD4 does play better. But I am not thinking about lag or connection. It was never a huge problem in any COD I've played. And I remember lots of lag topics when MW2 was released. You can probably still google it - esspecially if you add "Aussie".
#6BlueKnuxPosted 12/5/2012 10:08:56 AM
Have you thought of sending this to Treyarch? Maybe to the guys who made the MW you want to play? I think it might be good for you to let them know as well.
---
"The normal make a living. The deranged make history." - Christopher Titus
"A conservative is a liberal that has never been mugged." - Julie, The Maxx
#7duericPosted 12/5/2012 10:10:31 AM
Frost_LASER posted...
I find it somewhat sad Cod 4 plays better than this game all around. Even with so few people playing online it doesn't lag anywhere near as bad as this game.

This just isn't true at all.

You may have gotten lucky once or twice with a host near you.

But if you try and play COD4 on a regular basis, you'd be surprised how awful the connection is.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#8Superman070776Posted 12/5/2012 10:40:30 AM
If all it takes is a few internet trolls to convince you not to buy a game...maybe you should just go. One less weak-minded person cluttering a fun game. Good-bye.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#9Frost_LASERPosted 12/5/2012 10:50:19 AM(edited)
dueric posted...
Frost_LASER posted...

This just isn't true at all.

You may have gotten lucky once or twice with a host near you.

But if you try and play COD4 on a regular basis, you'd be surprised how awful the connection is.

I am playing it and its perfectly fine. Even with a poor population it finds better matches. I have 25 days of playtime total, I know when it works and doesn't. If I pop in Black Ops 2 I end up 2 seconds behind everyone with the host near me or even when I'm the host.
#10MaxFelix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:59:57 AM
Superman070776 posted...
If all it takes is a few internet trolls to convince you not to buy a game...maybe you should just go. One less weak-minded person cluttering a fun game. Good-bye.

It didn't. It took three games where I really didn't have fun. MW2, BO and MW3. It sounds like BO2 is similar to MW3. I just slowly realized COD had changed from the COD4/WaW I used to love.

I expected to buy BO2 anyway for a quick 60 fps fix and was kind of surprised that I didn't. I thought others might feel the same. But I also knew the world was waiting for a response from me, wondering how come I never bought the game. Therefore this topic for my followers.

I still like to read the boards. If for nothing else, then remembering the good old days. That's all.