"THERE'S NO SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING Oops.. what, there is???"

#1Haru_XXPosted 12/5/2012 1:35:17 PM(edited)
[Goes to gamefaqs, sees a big topic explaining en-depth why they believe skill based match making is in the game, lists a bunch of personal experiences, and Youtube videos.]

[Gets greeted with the average Gamefaqs poster spewing nonsense like always. They claim TC is wrong, TC has no clue what he's talking about.. "you fail, you fail, you're wrong, you're wrong!]

[Treyarch comes out and says they have skill based match making in the game, confirms it.]

[Gamefaqs posters look upon with silence, without a word, they turn tail and run.]

Guess another prime example of Gamefaqs users disagreeing and arguing over things they are completely wrong about. I swear, we should have two separate forums, the ones for little kids who want to rant about BatMan and make joke topics, and another one for the real men who actually discuss factual gameplay, rather than disagreeing for... the sake of disagreeing.

Remember, a smart person can act dumb, but a dumb person can't act smart.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N
youtube.com/ermkane6
#2XxOblivion77Posted 12/5/2012 1:35:34 PM
Same thing with lag comp LOL
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
BO2 lag compensation gave me an aneurism.
#3Haru_XX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 1:39:21 PM
XxOblivion77 posted...
Same thing with lag comp LOL

I wouldn't doubt it, the lag in this game is sometimes horrific, like game breaking horrific. I remember a game yesterday it was spazzing out so badly I had trouble walking through a door way, my friend next to me said "why is everyone teleporting around?!"

Black Ops 2 needs major work, this game is barely endurable, I just play it for the big ownage games, and even when I get an ownage match or a 40+ kill streak going, the host rage quits and I get a 2 minute long replay. Such a great game...
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N
youtube.com/ermkane6
#4BlueKnuxPosted 12/5/2012 1:43:21 PM
I haven't seen this argument yet. Is there a link to the whole Treyarch confirms skills thing, I think it'd be an interesting read. I keep wondering why I do well in a match and then get thrown to the lions a few matches later.
---
"The normal make a living. The deranged make history." - Christopher Titus
"A conservative is a liberal that has never been mugged." - Julie, The Maxx
#5KabtheMentatPosted 12/5/2012 1:49:50 PM
I haven't seen this argument yet. Is there a link to the whole Treyarch confirms skills thing, I think it'd be an interesting read. I keep wondering why I do well in a match and then get thrown to the lions a few matches later.

Because not everyone in your skill level is of your skill level. That's partly why skill based matchmaking is a crock of ****. For instance, if you play league play and win most of your placing rounds, yet were pretty much carried by your team, you're going to be placed in a high bracket than you really should be. Vice versa.

How that applies to normal lobbies is that someone can have a string a really good games (luck, skill, or a combination of both...whatever) and go to a new lobby and get placed with people that will kick their ass up and down the map.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php
#6fatclemenzaPosted 12/5/2012 1:52:07 PM
As dueric put it, its stat-based matchmaking, not skill-based matchmaking. stats =/= skill. Which explains why my teammates all have mental defect while the other team just got done winning the MLG world championship in comparison.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#7BlueKnuxPosted 12/5/2012 1:53:32 PM
Yeah, thats why I want to see this link. Maybe it would give an in depth information about how this thing works straight from the horses mouth (Not that your word isn't good, in fact it makes sense). Because yeah, I'll play, do modest to placing 1st or 2nd on the list of a winnig team. Bounce out real quick becuase I feel like doing something different then be i a room full of people who're like 5-th to 7th Prestige. Knowing full well on a skill-based level, I'm probably nowhere near these guys.
---
#8BlueKnuxPosted 12/5/2012 2:07:13 PM
*bump*
---
#9Alex_SagePosted 12/5/2012 2:09:01 PM
You take these boards way too seriously.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#10torey_caylorPosted 12/5/2012 2:11:15 PM
Just look at the lobby leaderboards and look at the SPM. That pretty much confirms skill based matchmaking regardless of what treyarch employees have said.

SBMM is a fact. Every lobby i play in has players with 300-400 SPM i haven't seen any player below SPM 300 in the last 2 weeks. I also never see negative K/D players anymore, when back in the day it seemed like the average K/D is like 1.05. Now all i get are 300+ SPM and 1.35+ K/D players. Add the god awful lag on top of that and after a few matches you want to go out and punch someone in the face.