"THERE'S NO SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING Oops.. what, there is???"

#11NoDozTweakerPosted 12/5/2012 2:12:23 PM
BlueKnux posted...
Yeah, thats why I want to see this link. Maybe it would give an in depth information about how this thing works straight from the horses mouth (Not that your word isn't good, in fact it makes sense). Because yeah, I'll play, do modest to placing 1st or 2nd on the list of a winnig team. Bounce out real quick becuase I feel like doing something different then be i a room full of people who're like 5-th to 7th Prestige. Knowing full well on a skill-based level, I'm probably nowhere near these guys.

Sift through vondehar's tweets and you will see he clearly acknowledges it. Studying for finals (or trying to) so no time to find the exact conversation.
#12theLongR0DPosted 12/5/2012 2:17:33 PM
Hey I went 103-2 today on domination and that WITH SBMM!!! It didn't record though, sorry I can't showz u
#13RazorSharp02Posted 12/5/2012 2:28:36 PM
I'm not saying SBMM doesn't exist. Because for the most part I actually stay pretty competitive in almost every lobby I am in.

My only question is this, why is every single lobby I'm in my SPM and my K/D are the worst in the lobby.

BTW I play TDM Hardcore. K/D 0.97 and SPM is 101 right now. Up from 85 when I started playing yesterday. And no I don't camp. I actually rush too much.
---
XBL/PSN:RazorSharp02
#14theLongR0DPosted 12/5/2012 2:30:01 PM
RazorSharp02 posted...
I'm not saying SBMM doesn't exist. Because for the most part I actually stay pretty competitive in almost every lobby I am in.

My only question is this, why is every single lobby I'm in my SPM and my K/D are the worst in the lobby.

BTW I play TDM Hardcore. K/D 0.97 and SPM is 101 right now. Up from 85 when I started playing yesterday. And no I don't camp. I actually rush too much.

Because there isn't anybody worse available
#15RazorSharp02Posted 12/5/2012 2:32:34 PM
theLongR0D posted...
RazorSharp02 posted...

You're wrong and a douche for even trying to imply that.

I was actually trying to be serious. It would seem that you should USUALLY be somewhere in the middle. But I'm almost always on the bottom and definitely always bottom 3
---
#16theLongR0DPosted 12/5/2012 2:35:56 PM
RazorSharp02 posted...
theLongR0D posted...
RazorSharp02 posted...

I was actually trying to be serious. It would seem that you should USUALLY be somewhere in the middle. But I'm almost always on the bottom and definitely always bottom 3

Someone has to be at the bottom. I rarely play anyone who has a SPM under 350. I am usually at the bottom of the SPM in my lobbies aswell. There are probably set benchmarks such as 100 and your 103 being just above slips you into the higher lobby then say if you were 98. I dunno, just a theory. That's what I meant I guess lol Maybe at 98 you would be the highest in the room
#17RazorSharp02Posted 12/5/2012 2:39:31 PM(edited)
theLongR0D posted...
RazorSharp02 posted...
theLongR0D posted...
RazorSharp02 posted...

Someone has to be at the bottom. I rarely play anyone who has a SPM under 350. I am usually at the bottom of the SPM in my lobbies aswell. There are probably set benchmarks such as 100 and your 103 being just above slips you into the higher lobby then say if you were 98. I dunno, just a theory. That's what I meant I guess lol Maybe at 98 you would be the highest in the room

I don't even know how people get 350SPM. I seem to get stuck in all lobbies full of people playing hide and seek. I move the whole match sprinting/walking almost all the time. And usually finish somewhere around 12-12. I know I spend a bunch of time in the spawn timer though but I just never actually see people to have more encounters than that

---
#18theLongR0DPosted 12/5/2012 2:42:51 PM
RazorSharp02 posted...
theLongR0D posted...
RazorSharp02 posted...
theLongR0D posted...
RazorSharp02 posted...

I don't even know how people get 350SPM. I seem to get stuck in all lobbies full of people playing hide and seek. I move the whole match sprinting/walking almost all the time. And usually finish somewhere around 12-12. I know I spend a bunch of time in the spawn timer though but I just never actually see people to have more encounters than that

I dunno, I just run like a maniac, rarely walk or stop lol Most games I play in are pretty fast paced
#19trakrunr4evrPosted 12/5/2012 2:45:35 PM
RazorSharp02 posted...
theLongR0D posted...
RazorSharp02 posted...
theLongR0D posted...
RazorSharp02 posted...

You are playing Hardcore TDM. From the few hours of HC I've played it is extremely slow compared to Core, meaning lower SPM. Just my thought though. Plus, everyone cares about KD in TDM, so even LESS running around.
#20Ares_TargaryenPosted 12/5/2012 2:56:59 PM
I first started playing a little over a week after release and at first I was like, damn, the average CoD players have massively improved since I last played (I haven't played since the first month of MW3). It didn't take me much longer to realize that there had to be some sort of skill matchmaking (also seeing lobbies with nobody under a 1.25/1.5 KD also raised a major red flag).
---
<><><><><>