Black Ops II loses to Halo 4 in IGN poll

#51Shinen_RyuPosted 12/6/2012 4:35:09 AM
I have played both, and I will say Halo does win out in Campaign and multiplayer, but for MP it's a close call. Graphics is more of a choice between art styles, either the gritty real-world feel or the nice bright and clean style.

Campaign will always be better in Halo as there's more of a story and world built around Halo games VS CoD. Multiplayer in Halo is less about who has better connection/weapons, and more about how good a shot you are and how you maneuver and play the maps. Even the "worst" weapon can easilly beat the "best" if used right, whereas in CoD it's who sees who first.

CoD however, it is nice to see people die quick VS having to empty an entire clip to earn a kill, and be able to aim with more than a sniper, as well as not be wrecked by energy swords and rocket launchers/ incineration cannons/ sticky detonaters/ Mantis'...

When it really comes down to it, both are great games, but people are going to flock to the game they do better/ get more kills in. It's more simple preference than which is the better game.
---
Kill everything, let the higher ups sort out the rest.
#52NinjaDeath911Posted 12/6/2012 4:47:10 AM
Well....if they asked me to vote it wouldn't have been for halo 4

Yes it was cool for the 2 weeks before BLOPS2, but it was never THAT cool
It was still halo, shoot/melee/melee

Super boring after awhile
#53torey_caylorPosted 12/6/2012 4:57:40 AM
Isn't Halo 4 the most "CODified" and worst Halo game of all time according to fans of the series? Common complaints are flat maps, no map control, no power weapon control.... the stuff that made Halo.

IGN is just trying to be edgy by hating COD. They did the same with their second opinion last year about MW3 when they trashed it. But when the time of importance comes (reviews) they always praise COD and give good scores. Talk about hypocrisy.
#54Radiant_Sol12Posted 12/6/2012 5:15:30 AM
Black Ops 2 Is only a slightly change carbon copy of CoD 4 like the last 3 games were. Of course Halo 4 would win, it was actually a lot more different than its predecessors.
---
"If the Illusive Man was voice by Charlie instead of Martin he'd be snorting coke off Miranda's ass." -Revan73
GT: Radiant Sol
#55GaMeFrEaK316(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 1:17:51 PM
torey_caylor posted...
IGN is just trying to be edgy by hating COD. They did the same with their second opinion last year about MW3 when they trashed it. But when the time of importance comes (reviews) they always praise COD and give good scores. Talk about hypocrisy.

I definitely agree with you. Tell it like it is.

Can't spell ignorant without IGN.
---
COW GO MOO
#56Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 12/6/2012 1:21:49 PM
patkelly929 posted...
Just because less people play it, doesn't mean it isn't better.

Now, I haven't played both, so I cannot say which is better (I only have Halo 4 since it was a birthday gift, $ issue, not a lack of CoD fandom, I've been playing since 4), but there are many cases where a great game doesn't sell as well as it could.

This ^.

There are many games that have little innovations/are generally pretty good, but never get noticed that much. Due to either some slight issues, or (if they are a fps) there multiplayer doesn't allow for the quick pick up and play that CODs MP allows.

If the game in question doesn't gain that much of the public's eye, it won't really do that good, no matter wether or not it is a great game.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....