So what is everyone's pick for GOTY at this point?

#41FontnoogerPosted 12/5/2012 8:51:51 PM
1. Kingdom Hearts 3D
2. I don't really know :(

I'm throwing Ni no Kuni up for next year but I"m a big RPG fan so I probably don't belong on this board anyway. :(
#42PathlessBulletPosted 12/5/2012 8:57:26 PM
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#43areeb319Posted 12/5/2012 9:05:37 PM
So far AC3, but i'm probably picking up Far Cry 3 tomorrow so..
---
I am L33T, well according to my karma I am
PSN-{MLP}Addi97319
#44zombie95Posted 12/5/2012 9:15:42 PM
Far Cry 3 or Walking Dead. Definitely not Blops 2...
#45forgotten0285(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:20:15 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
feel free to include your runners up.

Mine:

1. The Walking Dead - simply the most gripping and well executed story-driven game since the MGS series ruined my love of storytelling in games. On par with the AMC original series, which is saying something.

Runners up:

Borderlands 2, Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition, Mass Effect 3 even though it trolled us in the last 5 minutes and completely ruined the series for me forever.

You lost me there when mentioning story and Metal Gear.

Anyway, game of the year IMO is Mass Effect 3. Despite people whining about the ending, it was a ******* awesome game.

The mention of MGS is because by the third game, I was so fed up with not playing an enjoyable game but rather watching it, that I became largely turned off by story driven games that relied on cutscenes and lengthy dialogue to be coherent. It kept me from enjoying several B+ titles such as the Xenosaga trilogy, that I should have been very invested in due to Xenogears being my all time favorite JRPG, but that instead lost my attention quickly.

Walking Dead changed all that because it is decidedly an adventure game, and not so enjoyable to play that you want to skip through the story to regain control of your character. The double emphasis MGS had on elaborate plot and innovative gameplay was overly bloated and exhausting by Snake Eater.

Peace Walker ****ing rocks, though.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#46killnoob666Posted 12/5/2012 9:21:46 PM
battlefield

or

Halo 4
#47BipBapBamPosted 12/5/2012 9:26:58 PM
Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, and The Walking Dead.