Sooooooooooooo when's the 870 getting patched?

#1Flying___VPosted 12/5/2012 6:37:23 PM
First game I was in a russian looking map.
Guy with an 870 gold with long barrel killed me consecutively 12 times. 12.
I was using the starter shotgun class where it shoots four shells at a time or something.
It wasn't that bad.
But I never killed this guy the whole game, he ended up 23-1

Next game I used the same shotty i'd been using after i backed out of Mr. 870's lobby.

Went from 0-16
to 26-7

I unlocked the 870 like 10 matches later.
I got long barrel and laser sight within a few matches and was getting lightning strike packages every life with a SMAW as a secondary for long range.

Just ran around the map and was untouchable unless I spazzed out and missed a shot.
It was totally eye opening. First off shotguns never acted that great.

I was a spas user in MW3, as my sig still says.
Which I need to change.
And I would praise Jeebus if I EVER had a game like I did in black ops 2 with the 870.
They we're once a month if that with the spas, and that was with the damage "glitch" golden spas.

The whole time i'm getting 20 kill + games I'm still figuring out how the hell the create a class works, don't know any maps. I'm only a level 14 from one sitting but the whole time I never dropped below 16 kills a game. Nor did deaths ever go higher than my kills. It's insane.
---
Golden SPAS Count: 5 http://i42.tinypic.com/20fb79w.jpg
Over 10,000 kills with it, over 1,000 headshots.
#2possessionPosted 12/5/2012 6:40:20 PM
A shotgun is useful? Quick! Nerf it to hell!!
---
"Baldercrap! I created your universe. The only thing you created was my fist parallel to your face!" ~ Prof. Farnsworth
#3Flying___V(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:42:33 PM
possession posted...

It's beyond useful, it's outright game breaking. Maybe I'm so used to ass shotguns that I can't comprehend one being as useful as an SMG but I mean I just don't feel it's fair.
---
Golden SPAS Count: 5 http://i42.tinypic.com/20fb79w.jpg
Over 10,000 kills with it, over 1,000 headshots.
#4AaronHutchPosted 12/5/2012 6:44:33 PM
you clearly never used the silenced spas 12 in black ops 1

good times
---
Holmes versus Moriarty, Aristotle versus MASHY-SPIKE PLATE!
#5Gawl9427Posted 12/5/2012 6:46:20 PM
That "starter" shotgun is awesome. I've almost have over 1000 kills with the 1216. I love it more than the 870.
---
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz | 8GB DDR3 Kingston | 2x6950 2GB Unlocked | ASRock 970 Extreme4 | 650w XFX XXX Edition | Kuhler H20 620 |
Gamertag: Kether
#6SuperNecroPosted 12/5/2012 6:46:33 PM
It doesn't need a patch. Leave the precious alone.
---
GT: ZetaGamer
#7EvanW1109Posted 12/5/2012 6:47:07 PM
Flying___V posted...
possession posted...

It's beyond useful, it's outright game breaking. Maybe I'm so used to ass shotguns that I can't comprehend one being as useful as an SMG but I mean I just don't feel it's fair.

It's only really great on small maps, and even then you won't do great every time. It's all in how you play the class. Gamebreaking; hardly. If it was gamebreaking there would be rooms full of 870 users, it's odd when you see more than 2 or 3 people using them. More often then not people use SMGs or ARs, not Shotguns.
#8GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/5/2012 6:48:10 PM
AaronHutch posted...
you clearly never used the silenced spas 12 in black ops 1

good times

This, or even the MW2 SPAS. Shotguns were beyond effing useless in MW3, so you have the wrong idea.

SMGs are the BO2 master race. You're probably getting matched 'by skill' against other new players who don't realize that yet.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#9IronMonkey008Posted 12/5/2012 6:53:34 PM
Only problem I have with the 870 is the time it takes between shots, it's a bit too fast and needs be slightly longer. Other than that I don't have a problem with it or any of the Shotguns.
---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008
#10Gannondwarf432Posted 12/5/2012 7:00:45 PM
Flying___V posted...
OH LAWDY LAWD, I JUSS GOT KEELD BY A SHOTGUN KINSECUTIVLEE IN CLOSE COM-BAT! DAT 870 SHUR DUZ NEED NURFIN, HOW DARE IT BEET ME-MEEE-IN DAT DERE CLOSE COMBAT!

Suck it up. If shotguns were nerved even a little, we would only see SMGs and the occasional AR/Sniper being used. I fact, I actually support a BUFF to the Shotguns. Increase the hip fire spread a little on all so that it is like they are now with long barrel. KSG needs just a slightly longer 1HK range to the head/neck. This is the first game in a LONG time the had shotguns that are USEFUL in CQC.
---
"The faster I run, insanity can't catch me!"-Lanipator
"An arrow piercing a knee is no laughing matter."-Malus_X6