Sooooooooooooo when's the 870 getting patched?

#11AngelicTouch99Posted 12/5/2012 8:03:42 PM
Oh look, another guy whining about being killed in cqc by a shotgun
#12fatclemenzaPosted 12/5/2012 8:04:44 PM
It's beyond useful, it's outright game breaking.

ROFL no

get better its not nearly consistent enough to be even remotely OP
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#13ICantNameGudPosted 12/5/2012 8:09:12 PM
Gannondwarf432 posted...
Flying___V posted...
OH LAWDY LAWD, I JUSS GOT KEELD BY A SHOTGUN KINSECUTIVLEE IN CLOSE COM-BAT! DAT 870 SHUR DUZ NEED NURFIN, HOW DARE IT BEET ME-MEEE-IN DAT DERE CLOSE COMBAT!

Suck it up. If shotguns were nerved even a little, we would only see SMGs and the occasional AR/Sniper being used. I fact, I actually support a BUFF to the Shotguns. Increase the hip fire spread a little on all so that it is like they are now with long barrel. KSG needs just a slightly longer 1HK range to the head/neck. This is the first game in a LONG time the had shotguns that are USEFUL in CQC.

Lol the KSG is a OHK to the head at over half the map. I just did it earlier.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#14Gannondwarf432Posted 12/5/2012 8:11:46 PM
ICantNameGud posted...
Gannondwarf432 posted...
Flying___V posted...
OH LAWDY LAWD, I JUSS GOT KEELD BY A SHOTGUN KINSECUTIVLEE IN CLOSE COM-BAT! DAT 870 SHUR DUZ NEED NURFIN, HOW DARE IT BEET ME-MEEE-IN DAT DERE CLOSE COMBAT!

Suck it up. If shotguns were nerved even a little, we would only see SMGs and the occasional AR/Sniper being used. I fact, I actually support a BUFF to the Shotguns. Increase the hip fire spread a little on all so that it is like they are now with long barrel. KSG needs just a slightly longer 1HK range to the head/neck. This is the first game in a LONG time the had shotguns that are USEFUL in CQC.

Lol the KSG is a OHK to the head at over half the map. I just did it earlier.

To be fair, most of what I think needs patching is probably due to the lag over-compensation causing hit markers when it should register as kills. But right now with no noticeable fix for the connection issues, this I the best that I could come up with for SGs right now.
---
"The faster I run, insanity can't catch me!"-Lanipator
"An arrow piercing a knee is no laughing matter."-Malus_X6
#15Scottydont19Posted 12/5/2012 8:24:03 PM
It doesn't need a nerf. But I do have a question. Since the 870 is unlocked as soon as you can create a class and rank 4, how did it take 10 matches to unlock it? Everyone I've played with goes from rank 1 to rank 4 in 2 matches at most, but usually it only takes 1 match.
#16DougEInstructorPosted 12/5/2012 8:33:34 PM
Did you even play MW2? Remember these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qUW681su4k
#17CitizenSoldier3Posted 12/5/2012 8:56:04 PM
Flying___V posted...
First game I was in a russian looking map.
Guy with an 870 gold with long barrel killed me consecutively 12 times. 12.
I was using the starter shotgun class where it shoots four shells at a time or something.
It wasn't that bad.
But I never killed this guy the whole game, he ended up 23-1

Next game I used the same shotty i'd been using after i backed out of Mr. 870's lobby.

Went from 0-16
to 26-7

I unlocked the 870 like 10 matches later.
I got long barrel and laser sight within a few matches and was getting lightning strike packages every life with a SMAW as a secondary for long range.

Just ran around the map and was untouchable unless I spazzed out and missed a shot.
It was totally eye opening. First off shotguns never acted that great.

I was a spas user in MW3, as my sig still says.
Which I need to change.
And I would praise Jeebus if I EVER had a game like I did in black ops 2 with the 870.
They we're once a month if that with the spas, and that was with the damage "glitch" golden spas.

The whole time i'm getting 20 kill + games I'm still figuring out how the hell the create a class works, don't know any maps. I'm only a level 14 from one sitting but the whole time I never dropped below 16 kills a game. Nor did deaths ever go higher than my kills. It's insane.

Only 10,000 with the spas?
#18CharityDiaryPosted 12/5/2012 8:59:17 PM
DougEInstructor posted...

Have you even USED the 870? It one-hit-kills at the same range, as long as you equip the Laser Sight and Long Barrel.

And these maps are smaller and more cluttered.
#19possessionPosted 12/5/2012 9:05:08 PM
CharityDiary posted...

Have you even USED the 870? It one-hit-kills at the same range, as long as you equip the Laser Sight and Long Barrel.

That's kind of the point. With the maps getting smaller with each game, smg's just sort of took over. Shotguns being secondaries was the only serious issue with them in MW2, but people complained and they got worse with each game. Now, they are actually a viable counter to the smg reign. Nothing, NOTHING, needs to be done to the shotguns.
---
"Baldercrap! I created your universe. The only thing you created was my fist parallel to your face!" ~ Prof. Farnsworth
#20CharityDiaryPosted 12/5/2012 9:10:21 PM
possession posted...
CharityDiary posted...

Now, they are actually a viable counter to the smg reign.

You mean, now they are a viable counter to ANYTHING!

Someone sniping at you from afar? Not a problem! Just duck behind one of the five hundred walls, trash cans, dumpsters, or buildings, and run over to where he is and hip-fire his face off!

Someone using an SMG? Just hip-fire their face off!

Someone ADSing with an Assault Rifle, waiting for you to come around the corner? Don't worry! Just

INSTANTLY

HIP-FIRE

HIS

FACE

OFF