Why can't they just re-release CoD4 and let us be happy?

#51MegaTape13Posted 12/7/2012 9:18:25 AM
I've been playing a mix of BO2, BO1, MW2, and CoD4 recently and I can only really laugh at how bad the CoD4 spawns are sometimes, how bleh so many of the perks are, and how insane the host advantage is vs. anyone not on a 4-bar. It's like "what the f*** is hit detection" whenever he's moving.

I'd also be happy to see CoD4 a lot more active again, though. I still enjoy it, and always end up running back home to it crying (so to speak) every time a new CoD comes out and frustrates me for whatever reason.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#52fatclemenzaPosted 12/7/2012 9:21:36 AM
Everyone would be crying day in and day out about how Activision has no soul, about how awful these games were, why am I playing a 5 year old game, why didn't they change this, Juggernaut/knife-lunges/noob-toobs/acog scopes/M16 (which was a HUGE complaint from CoD4 boards)/Stopping Power/Last Stand/ Martyrdom/ SMGs /Shotguns /Quickscoping/ etc/etc/etc is stupid!

only idiots and bks complained about the m16 and jugg so we can ignore them
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#53MegaTape13Posted 12/7/2012 9:35:06 AM
TimandEric posted...
SP, Jugg, and UAV jammer gave us 3 powerful tier two perks that balanced each other out nicely, with each catering to its own playstyle.

They didn't each cater to different playstyles. Jammer suited a dominantly stealthy/flanky plastyle, and SP covered everything else. Jugg was only really practical with a few weapons or if you wanted to ruin sniper montages.

That perk trinity has it's merits, but catering to different playstyles wasn't exactly one of them.

As for BO1, it still seems like I was playing a totally different game than everyone else. I stuck mostly to Dom, Ground War, and TDM (in that order), and although Ghost was popular, I saw a lot more Lightweight and even Scavenger. Nothing close to SP in CoD4-MW2 or Assassin in MW3, in my experience.

The only thing I would add in are some MW2 maps and Village from MW3. Also, I could be wrong but wasn't lightweight in CoD4?

Lightweight showed up in MW2. CoD4 had the big 3, Overkill, SoH, Double Tap, and Sonic Boom. There was a surprising variety in Hardcore, but Core was about 95% SP and 4.9% Jammer/Jugg ----- which is not inherently a terrible thing, arguably.
---
#54fatclemenzaPosted 12/7/2012 9:39:06 AM
I've been playing a mix of BO2, BO1, MW2, and CoD4 recently and I can only really laugh at how bad the CoD4 spawns are sometimes, how bleh so many of the perks are, and how insane the host advantage is vs. anyone not on a 4-bar. It's like "what the f*** is hit detection" whenever he's moving.

Now would you rather have one guy with superpowers, or everybody except you having superpowers despite the whole lobby supposedly having 4 bar? lol

I grabbed host on Wetwork TDM last night and went 47-3 with a Jugg MP5 though. It was nice not having host disadvantage for a change.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#55MegaTape13Posted 12/7/2012 9:44:28 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong. Backwards lag was the entire reason I took out BO2 and put in CoD4.
---
#56vinnied717Posted 12/7/2012 9:48:06 AM
People would just cry about the M16 and stopping power over and over again.
#57TimandEricPosted 12/7/2012 9:57:10 AM
MegaTape13 posted...
TimandEric posted...
SP, Jugg, and UAV jammer gave us 3 powerful tier two perks that balanced each other out nicely, with each catering to its own playstyle.

They didn't each cater to different playstyles. Jammer suited a dominantly stealthy/flanky plastyle, and SP covered everything else. Jugg was only really practical with a few weapons or if you wanted to ruin sniper montages.

That perk trinity has it's merits, but catering to different playstyles wasn't exactly one of them.

As for BO1, it still seems like I was playing a totally different game than everyone else. I stuck mostly to Dom, Ground War, and TDM (in that order), and although Ghost was popular, I saw a lot more Lightweight and even Scavenger. Nothing close to SP in CoD4-MW2 or Assassin in MW3, in my experience.

I pretty much play only TDM in every CoD game and I'll be honest, the Ghost-whoring in Black Ops was ridiculous. I can't remember how many times someone would put up a UAV in a match and not a single red dot would show up. Maybe it wasn't that bad in the other game modes (I wouldn't know) but in TDM it was the most abused perk in any CoD game to date.

I ran SP on most of my classes, and I agree that most people did as well, but that doesn't mean it was the most dominant perk, so I disagree with you in that it didn't cater to different playstyles. It was just the go to perk because it enhanced all weapons power (minus explosives), but SoH, Overkill, and sonic boom all enhanced different playstyles as well. (Speed, explosive power, two primaries for long and short ranges)

Running UAV jammer put you at a disadvantage in a head to head gunfight, which meant you almost had to always flank and play more stealthily (which is the entire point of the perk anyways). Juggernaut had distinct advantages with more powerful guns, so they suited LMGs perfectly, and meant you could run n gun with them, and the slower drawtime was evened out by the fact that you could take more damage.

I think we agree on the general aspects of it, and I'm not saying that CoD4 was absolutely perfect, but perk and gun balance wise, it was by far the best of the series.
#58Superman070776Posted 12/7/2012 9:58:22 AM
KillaBeAt posted...
My previous post is totally proven.

People on HERE can't even agree on what major parts of the game they would remove. If they released CoD 4, or MW2 (which was, historically, the most hate-filled CoD board I can remember) again, it would be exactly like it is now.

Everyone would be crying day in and day out about how Activision has no soul, about how awful these games were, why am I playing a 5 year old game, why didn't they change this, Juggernaut/knife-lunges/noob-toobs/acog scopes/M16 (which was a HUGE complaint from CoD4 boards)/Stopping Power/Last Stand/ Martyrdom/ SMGs /Shotguns /Quickscoping/ etc/etc/etc is stupid!

I don't know what trick of human psychology makes people always want what they don't have, but trust me when I tell you that it wouldn't make this place any better, it would just give people something new to complain about.

This^^^
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.