Would you prefer Ghost be as it used to be?

#1Perfect_flamePosted 12/5/2012 10:46:29 PM
Would you prefer Ghost be as it used to be? - Results (80 votes)
Yes.
58.75% (47 votes)
No.
41.25% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm a rusher, and when I heard the new Ghost mechanics I loved the sound of it. Now having seen it in use I would just rather it be returned to what it was.
When I'm flanking the enemy team Ghost is very valuable but I've found every time I stop to reload or take cover I pop up on the radar anyway.
My biggest issue is if your are ADSing and walking/strafing you come up on the radar (Unless you're using stock maybe?)

What do you think?
#2KarnRX78Posted 12/5/2012 11:17:42 PM
If you have the stock attachment you won't show up on radar when moving while ADS with ghost.

I feel the same way with ghost. It's great for flanking, but you have to be moving 100% all the time. That is a problem when flanking, sometimes you need to slow down and aim. Sometimes you need to take cover and reload. Sometimes you need to wait for someone to pass so you can kill them.

I've gotten along without it so it doesn't really bother me anymore.
#3DrFeelgood1984Posted 12/5/2012 11:22:18 PM
Absolutely should go back to the way it was. In Black Ops I used to run Ghost Pro, Marathon Pro, and run & gun with a shotgun. I was on the move 90% of the time, but there are those moments where you need to take cover to reload, or just be stationary for a moment. Now I have to constantly strafe back and forth to avoid getting blipped by one of the 7 UAV's up at any given time. I guess the corner campers just ruined this perk for the rest of us that used it for its intended purpose.
---
Scammed by Leighton04 DO NOT trust this user.
#4LoshadtPosted 12/5/2012 11:34:16 PM
I think so. Ghost didn't promote camping, overpowered killstreaks did.

Though that certainly didn't stop Treyarch from nerfing basically everything a camper may have ever used at some point.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#5CallMeSeekerPosted 12/5/2012 11:35:46 PM
No I'd rather it work the same way but also have Blind Eye's effect while moving...

Splitting the perk into 3 and then nerfing it some more was overkill.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz || Biostar TZ77B || Sapphire 6950 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600MHz || Crucial M4 128GB || Spinpoint F3 1TB
#6lil_bandit18Posted 12/5/2012 11:36:10 PM
It doesn't keep you off the radar while you're ads? That's pretty bad. I think it would be fine if it kept working while you were ads.
---
TM 87
http://i.imgur.com/m5kAg.gif http://imgur.com/DlYPQ.gif
#7CallMeSeekerPosted 12/5/2012 11:38:02 PM
lil_bandit18 posted...
It doesn't keep you off the radar while you're ads? That's pretty bad. I think it would be fine if it kept working while you were ads.

It does with some weapons. SMG's, Pistols and (I think) shottys.

Also anything with the Stock attachment.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz || Biostar TZ77B || Sapphire 6950 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600MHz || Crucial M4 128GB || Spinpoint F3 1TB
#8Perfect_flame(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 2:26:09 AM
CallMeSeeker posted...
lil_bandit18 posted...

It does with some weapons. SMG's, Pistols and (I think) shottys.

Also anything with the Stock attachment.

Didn't work for my PDW while walking forward. I never had a problem with corner campers anyway, and now they're even easier to deal with having an Engineer and Black Hat combo.
#9ICantNameGudPosted 12/6/2012 2:43:01 AM
It should take 2 or 3 radar passes to show you. That way it would still encourage movement, but it would allow people room to breathe. As it stands it's very difficult to wait for someone to turn a corner f say you glimpsed them and you know they're a good player, or if you're screen is all red from the last kill. It would let LMG users reload and snipers rush but still actually sniper and not try to hipfire in panic mode. Reloading, aiming at an open spot before venturing forward, etc would all become safe again.

Tl;dr I'm fine with ghost being movement based but it should delay 2 or 3 radar passes before you show up of you're not moving.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home