Dashboarded

#21AirRawr_Posted 12/6/2012 1:53:20 AM(edited)
who cares if joe living in the middle of the woods enjoys cod

he should move
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#22chessmyantidrugPosted 12/6/2012 2:07:54 AM
I fail to see how dashboarding gets anything accomplished. Without lag compensation, this game wouldn't be playable. The biggest problem is the lack of dedicated servers. The game has to handle up to 18 different connections with a ping respective to each connection. That's up to 153 connections. I don't pretend to understand how this works, but I imagine the coding to handle all those communications must be a nightmare.
#23wartpigXPosted 12/6/2012 2:11:16 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
wartpigX posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
"I'm getting ****ed over by the same thing everyone else gets ****ed over by, so I'm going to possibly jeopardize everyone else's fun by dashboarding. I don't care to think about whether I might be host or not and might end up ending the game abruptly. Hell, it might even be a close game that people are trying to win. This makes sense, even though me dashboarding will do absolutely nothing to fix the problem."

Fantastic way of thinking. Keep up the good work.

im just gonna say,
its not the TC's responsability to ensure other peoples game or fun. why should he care? he dosent know these people.

you sound like a douche

Heaven forbid I have some bit of care for other people's enjoyment of the game. I must be such a douche, huh?

ment tc.

i dont agree with what he dose
but its not his responsibilty to ensure somebody elses fun
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#24RS_YELARAKAPosted 12/6/2012 2:17:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25Escaf1ownePosted 12/6/2012 2:23:55 AM
FusionC posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
FusionC posted...

Im simply making a point and taking a stand against the BS lag comp. If it catches on great,.

Reminds me of the people who choose not to vote because they're "making a point and taking a stand" against corrupt politicians.

Whatever floats your boat, though.

if im host and seeing horrid lag comp and i dashboard, that effected some people, all it takes is a few angry ones and the word spreads.

If you're host and you have lag issues, then I would think it's you.
---
Playing: D3, BF3, MW3....3's are good.
#26Silver17Posted 12/6/2012 2:30:14 AM(edited)
chessmyantidrug posted...
I fail to see how dashboarding gets anything accomplished. Without lag compensation, this game wouldn't be playable. The biggest problem is the lack of dedicated servers. The game has to handle up to 18 different connections with a ping respective to each connection. That's up to 153 connections. I don't pretend to understand how this works, but I imagine the coding to handle all those communications must be a nightmare.

OK everyone, please stop with the Dedicated Servers stuff because that's not gonna fix the problem. You are still gonna have lag. Go play some EA games, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Heck I get major lag playing 1vs1 in NHL. (and that's just 2 freakin people in the lobby!)

Sure DS would stop things like "Host migration" screens, but there would still be lag. Plus you know that Activision would copy EA's online Pass BS too. Then of course the community would have a new thing to *itch about. (like they don't do enough already)

Treyarch just need to work on the MM. Every COD game goes though that BS at launch, but it does get better as the season moves along... (Even MW2 had it's share of lag at launch)
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#27RS_YELARAKAPosted 12/6/2012 2:34:02 AM
Never have had an issue at all PERIOD in BF3 with lag except for the Seine Crossing map, first 5 seconds of the match always bogs out then plays fine. Dont forget the online pass is free if you buy the game new. Shoot Id even pay $10 more for lag free games.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
My FaN kLuB - GameCheat, JasmineMagee, &.Gaybor
#28DougEInstructorPosted 12/6/2012 2:50:17 AM
Why not just quit the game regularly why do you have to dashboard?
#29RS_YELARAKAPosted 12/6/2012 2:57:20 AM
DougEInstructor posted...
Why not just quit the game regularly why do you have to dashboard?

^^This, only reason to dashboard is to save your precious stats that you obviously care to much about....it's a game. If you are lagging that bad you would know early on in the match and could quit right away no harm. Problem is you got the guys who play 1/2 - 3/4 of the match notice their score sucks and start crying and chose to dashboard then instead of leaving along time ago quitting normally.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
My FaN kLuB - GameCheat, JasmineMagee, &.Gaybor
#30Cornbread4lifePosted 12/6/2012 3:18:04 AM
Dude you guys are ridiculous. It's a game. If I get pissed at it, I dashboard (well I shut the ****ing thing off and go do something else). Why the hell should I care if that ruins other people's games? As soon as it's not enjoyable anymore, I'm done. I didn't sign a contract to stay in your ****ing lobby, and I sure as hell don't have compassion for you not being able to finish your game (you can get another one in like a second).

You guys and your community and your ideals are ridiculous. It's a game. I don't know about you, but when someone dashboards on me and the game ends, I go "well, whatever" and get a new one. I sure as hell don't cry about it. I'd say the ones crying about dashboarders are the ones who care a little too much about their stats not counting.

To TC: Do whatever the hell you want. Last time I checked there's no jailtime for dashboarding.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time, but I kill it. Keep that in mind if you add me on live