I thought I just sucked REALLY bad at shooters until I realized my TV lags

#21darkshadowmasterPosted 12/6/2012 6:56:51 AM
bcon1208 posted...
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
Did you mean placebo?

DeadlyDeathBlow posted...
Placenta? thats a body organ, you mean placebo?

shinnok2k5 posted...
Bcon i'm sure you meant placebo lol. Placenta is pretty funny there though.

Stupid auto-correct.

Definitely was going for placebo, but placenta is much more fun, so I'll stick with that.

Figured you meant placebo, but it definitely makes a difference.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#22bcon1208Posted 12/6/2012 7:00:13 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
Figured you meant placebo, but it definitely makes a difference.

Nah placenta makes perfect sense...
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl
#23whois44Posted 12/6/2012 7:49:05 AM
I'd say just play on the monitor. IMO they're much better for vidya games. But I am unable to sit back on the couch and relax while playing whether It's cod or Super Mario. 23" HP 1080p via hdmi with a logitech surround sound works great for me. And now that I'm used to the monitor, if I switch it to my 46", it kinda makes me dizzy and nauseous lol.
#24coldisgoodPosted 12/6/2012 10:15:57 AM
CRTs have the least amount of lag follows by plasmas. After that there is a relatively huge amount of lag added to other TVs like led/LCD.
---
M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliever a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth
#25APG_CAMOPosted 12/6/2012 10:17:24 AM
Stay away from digital. No matter what game mode setting the tv it it still has some input lag. The absolute only way to not have input lag is to use a CRT tv. They're analog so they can't have input lag.
---
GT: APG CAMO
(End of rant, thank you for listening, please visit my site idontcareifyoudisagree.net) - nuschler2212
#26Natsume_Tien7Posted 12/6/2012 10:19:42 AM
Thank you for this topic, I will try to adjust some things when I get home.
---
"Don't be single-minded. It will only serve to bind you later on."
- Faust
#27HereticKitsunePosted 12/6/2012 10:23:00 AM
Stay away from digital. No matter what game mode setting the tv it it still has some input lag. The absolute only way to not have input lag is to use a CRT tv. They're analog so they can't have input lag.

That or use a PC monitor.
---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?
#28bcon1208Posted 12/6/2012 10:49:08 AM
APG_CAMO posted...

I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't think you fully understand where the input lag is coming from. Not all HDTVs have input lag. And CRT monitors are certainly not the best way to go.
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl
#29dustybottoms7Posted 12/6/2012 11:00:08 AM
That XBOX output display may work if it is indeed incorrect, but don't think that it will automatically fix all input lag problems. Maybe it happened to work out for that one poster, but input lag still absolutely exists even if all the settings are right. Game mode absolutely makes a difference (and yes, I'm aware that any changes game mode makes can be done manually, but for the most part, game mode itself is easy and generally works fine for most TVs) and if you have the option available, don't hesitate to use it. My xbox's settings are perfect, but I still get crazy amounts of input lag until I slap game mode on.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BottomsGaming?feature=guide
#30White_Knight_01Posted 12/6/2012 11:11:48 AM
pc monitors are the best for gaming but they generally don't get any bigger past 30".

this it a good read if you need a tv for gaming.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sub-1-frame-hdtv-monitor-input-lag-database.145141/

I'm getting a new tv in the new year so I'm trying to find the best possible 42" tv for gaming.
---
XBL - White Knight 01 ---- STEAM - white_knight_64
1000+ karma at last XD