Question for those high sensitivity players

#1trakrunr4evrPosted 12/6/2012 5:34:06 AM
Do you all get use to it? I have friends that play on 14 and they swear their accuracy is perfect at mid-long range, but I have a hard time believing that. I play on 9 right now so my accuracy is decent while ADS and Hipfiring. What do you guys think?
#2Dark_Link72Posted 12/6/2012 5:40:26 AM
You get used to it.

If you can control your thumbs to manipulate the sticks in smaller increments, you can still have spot-on aiming.

The thing is, though, the higher you go up, the less you have to pull on the stick to turn as sharply on lower sensitivities. Getting used to that is hard when climbing up, and getting a feel for where the range is with the degrees of movement with the sticks is hard too. To do well, going up super-high is unnecessary for most players.

But, if you can master it and be comfortable, why not take the advantage of speed?
---
I'm loving the shenanigans.
#3trakrunr4evr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:43:40 AM
That is a good point, and pretty much what I was looking for. I use to play on 7, then bumped it up to 8, now 9. Right now 9 feels way too fast, but I'm trying to get use to it. I DO see advantages like being able to snap onto targets quicker and of course turning faster. I just watch these MLG players who all play on what... 3-5? And have godlike aim and it makes me want to lower my sensitivity.
#4kasbianPosted 12/6/2012 5:49:37 AM
I started at default, then felt like it was abit slow espcially ADSing (i couldnt move my sight door to door quickly enough whilst in ADS - so i bumped it up 1 level. I got use to it in one game then eventually it felt too slow so went up again etc etc.

Im now on 11 and feel comfortable both in long and short range, however i may bump it up more if needs be,

If i went from default - 11 in one go it would have been messy and felt unatural.

Point being play what your confortable with to get the best performance out of yourself dont just copy what others do.
---
Not changing till Manchester United win the Superbowl
Started 15/11/12
#5Shinen_RyuPosted 12/6/2012 5:52:17 AM
14? I feel like an idiot now, I've been playing on 10 cause I thought that was as high as it goes -_-
---
--- Allonsy! -The Doctor
#6DeadlyDeathBlowPosted 12/6/2012 6:11:41 AM
I started on 9, immediately increased it to 11. for quite some time it stayed at 11-12.
i havent tried 13, but i just dont like 14. I also never liked 10 on MW3, tried it, dont want to get used to it.

About a week ago, i turned off aim assist, and with the 12 sensitivity, and the KSG that i was trying to use at the time, i just couldnt get any kills. I then lowered it to 4 which is very good for starting w/o aim assist imo. just hard getting used turning around corners since its slow.

I am now using 9 sensitivity again i think, but without aim assist.
---
The only reason it rains is so God can spit on your existence-Faust
#7XtypegamerPosted 12/6/2012 6:29:27 AM
KontrolFreaks joystick extenders and sensi at 9. :)
#8trakrunr4evr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 6:36:36 AM
DeadlyDeathBlow posted...
I started on 9, immediately increased it to 11. for quite some time it stayed at 11-12.
i havent tried 13, but i just dont like 14. I also never liked 10 on MW3, tried it, dont want to get used to it.

About a week ago, i turned off aim assist, and with the 12 sensitivity, and the KSG that i was trying to use at the time, i just couldnt get any kills. I then lowered it to 4 which is very good for starting w/o aim assist imo. just hard getting used turning around corners since its slow.

I am now using 9 sensitivity again i think, but without aim assist.

Why turn off aim assist?
#9XtypegamerPosted 12/6/2012 6:44:43 AM
trakrunr4evr posted...

Why turn off aim assist?

It throws me off when your are trying to manual track someone then it auto tracks then back to manual track. It's like trying to fly a plane that is in autopilot, both inputs fighting each other for control.
#10trakrunr4evr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 6:50:50 AM
Xtypegamer posted...
trakrunr4evr posted...

Why turn off aim assist?

It throws me off when your are trying to manual track someone then it auto tracks then back to manual track. It's like trying to fly a plane that is in autopilot, both inputs fighting each other for control.

That makes sense. I always thought aim assist helped but when you put it like that....