Question for those high sensitivity players

#11Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/6/2012 6:58:12 AM
Most of those pro lmg players don't play on high sensitivites. I played on a 7 in Black Ops1 and had a 2+ KDR

After fooling around with a 9 and 11, and having accuracy in the 19% range, I decided to bump it down to 7 (I think the pro's play on 5-7 in this game), and it feels good.

It's fast enough to follow targets and turn around quick enough while still keeping a steady aim on things from afar

The massive amount of headglitching in this game makes me a little wary to play on very high levels since my aim is good enough to snap onto a target quick, but maybe not enough to aim at the tip of his head in time
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#12trakrunr4evr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 7:18:34 AM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
Most of those pro lmg players don't play on high sensitivites. I played on a 7 in Black Ops1 and had a 2+ KDR

After fooling around with a 9 and 11, and having accuracy in the 19% range, I decided to bump it down to 7 (I think the pro's play on 5-7 in this game), and it feels good.

It's fast enough to follow targets and turn around quick enough while still keeping a steady aim on things from afar

The massive amount of headglitching in this game makes me a little wary to play on very high levels since my aim is good enough to snap onto a target quick, but maybe not enough to aim at the tip of his head in time

That's my problem. I'm currently playing on 8-9. 8 feels good until I turn the corner the same time a 14 sensitivity user does and I get destroyed....
#13chaoz-kingPosted 12/6/2012 7:34:17 AM
You will get used to it. I play on 9 now be because it's been a real long time since I played a cod game but I used to play on 10 in some of the older dutys. If you want to get used to higher settings put it up by one notch and play a few matches then turn it up again.
#14Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/6/2012 7:39:18 AM
trakrunr4evr posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

That's my problem. I'm currently playing on 8-9. 8 feels good until I turn the corner the same time a 14 sensitivity user does and I get destroyed....

His sensitivity shouldn't be an issue at all if it's a one on one encounter. He's only going to win if you two passed by one another. Sandy Ravage in his vids looks like he plays on a 5 and he was winning.

5 felt like molasses to me. 7 is definitely fast enough to snap onto targets.

Don't play on faster sensitivities because other players do, if you feel like your aiming is being compromised after a dozen games, then bump it down by 1

Play in combat modes and play around with your sensitivity level, you'll be playing against real players while still gaining experience and not messing up your stats, since they aren't counted
---
#15trakrunr4evr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 7:56:01 AM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
trakrunr4evr posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

His sensitivity shouldn't be an issue at all if it's a one on one encounter. He's only going to win if you two passed by one another. Sandy Ravage in his vids looks like he plays on a 5 and he was winning.

5 felt like molasses to me. 7 is definitely fast enough to snap onto targets.

Don't play on faster sensitivities because other players do, if you feel like your aiming is being compromised after a dozen games, then bump it down by 1

Play in combat modes and play around with your sensitivity level, you'll be playing against real players while still gaining experience and not messing up your stats, since they aren't counted

Just to be clear, we are talking about the 1-14 sensitivities right? Some people are still stuck on the 1-10 from previous games. Anyways, really appreciate your input.
#16Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/6/2012 8:05:38 AM
Yes, I'm talking about the 1-14 settings

I think in previous CODs, MLG players stuck with 2-5ish, now it's about in the 5-7 range

I tried playing on 4 and 5, I definitely could not snap onto targets fast enough, I was pretty boned running into two enemies

I'm gonna play around with 9-11 setting tonight, but I'm ultimately sticking with 7.

I can by all means play on 11 and probably have at least an 18% accuracy average on most guns, but I'm not sure if I want to.
---
#17trakrunr4evr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:19:46 AM
Same here. I am on 9 right now and it feels too quick at times. I can "snap" onto targets but I have a hard time staying on target, if that makes sense. Im around 20% accuracy on 9 sensitivity. Maybe staying on 8 will be better for more consistency.
#18Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/6/2012 8:22:28 AM
trakrunr4evr posted...
Same here. I am on 9 right now and it feels too quick at times. I can "snap" onto targets but I have a hard time staying on target, if that makes sense. Im around 20% accuracy on 9 sensitivity. Maybe staying on 8 will be better for more consistency.

I had a 20% accuracy before, but with scavenger equipped, I spray through walls a lot

I was pretty comfortable at 9, I'm not sure what made me go to 7. I'm still experimenting
---
#19trakrunr4evr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:26:12 AM
The slow turn speed is what turns me off. I guess experimenting and getting use to a sensitivity is really the best way to go.