Dropshotting? I don't quite get the hate

#1jeffhardyroxPosted 12/6/2012 10:18:38 AM
What's with all the dropshotting hate? It's a useful technique to avoid being shot. Maybe my definition of dropshotting is different? I love diving to prone and winning gunfights.. isn't that the point of the whole dive to prone mechanic anyways?
---
XBL:CaptFartBrain Currently Playing: BO2, Halo4, MortalKombat
SCAR Suppressed - Five Seven
#2AirRawr_Posted 12/6/2012 10:18:55 AM
bads
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#3Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/6/2012 10:21:01 AM
Im so used to BF3's scheme I switched to tactical. No reason not to drop shot.

Truthfully, it's fair, it's a tradeoff to panic knifing
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#4Milwaukee_RushPosted 12/6/2012 10:21:26 AM
I think it's because there is no way people in real life actually do that. Plus there is no animation. Picture yourself dropping shotting in real life. Could you hold your gun steady from standing to the prone position? No. If they put animation into going prone like Battlefield, it wouldn't be a problem.

On a side note, if you drop shotted like 10 guys in one day, I think your chest would start to hurt.
---
HC HQ all day! Forget the explosives, use a real gun.
#5forgotten0285Posted 12/6/2012 10:22:46 AM
im bad at panic knifing, and good at dropshotting. hate all day, makes no difference to me. if i pressed the same button to knife, it wouldnt work, especially in this game.

so boo hoo if you dont like it.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#6gangoplushPosted 12/6/2012 10:23:26 AM
i dont mind dropshotters. but they guys that have modded controllers that make them lay down every time they press the RT is pretty funny. i dont think i could play like that.
#7forgotten0285Posted 12/6/2012 10:23:33 AM
Milwaukee_Rush posted...
I think it's because there is no way people in real life actually do that. Plus there is no animation. Picture yourself dropping shotting in real life. Could you hold your gun steady from standing to the prone position? No. If they put animation into going prone like Battlefield, it wouldn't be a problem.

On a side note, if you drop shotted like 10 guys in one day, I think your chest would start to hurt.

in real life....call of duty....in real life....
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#8Shura_SurplicePosted 12/6/2012 10:26:19 AM
Milwaukee_Rush posted...

Oh but the knife is realistic? probably most of the people who whine at dropshotting are panic knifers who suck anyway.

Dropshotting only works on noobs.
#9TheMudkipManPosted 12/6/2012 10:30:02 AM
People who get mad are the people who need something or someone else to blame for their inability to adapt. Simple as that. Dropshotters, to me, mean free headshots.
---
GT: N7 Honor. CAUTION: Above post may contain opinions.
#10MashdTaytuzPosted 12/6/2012 10:42:30 AM
I hear people complain about panic knifing, and then defend dropshotting. Meh, they're both about the same to me. But when it comes to dropshotting, it's not like I can't aim downward a little bit. Dropshotters don't last too long when they take a 12 gauge slug to the face.
---
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.--Thomas Jefferson