Type 25, MTAR, and M27

#1lolcharizardPosted 12/6/2012 11:17:45 AM
Any reason to use these over SMGs? Hard to use the type knowing that it's a MP7 and Vector with a smaller mag size, slower handling and it's main advantage over the two is a near meaningless range boost.
---
Mike Dawson never returned to the carnival, ever again.
#2fatclemenzaPosted 12/6/2012 11:23:25 AM
M27 is a bad FAL, MTAR is a bad MSMC, and the Type 25 is an MP7/Vector that does range slightly better but close-up much worse. Obsolete.

ARs in general are pretty awful except for the FAL and M8A1.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#3HereticKitsunePosted 12/6/2012 11:24:34 AM
Type 25 is alright, but the MTAR and M27 are pretty outclassed. For ARs, use the M8, FAL/SMR, the SWAT if your connection is awesome, and the AN because it's cool.
---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?
#4Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/6/2012 11:26:31 AM
The Type-25 is seriously a BBgun.

MTAR is...well, I'm not sure why it's in the game. It can't shoot at AR range, but it's not as good as an smg either.

M27 is...well...it's just outclassed at all ranges

Outside of the M8A1, FAL and AN-94, there may as well not even be an AR class
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#5dking83Posted 12/6/2012 11:27:21 AM
It depends on your playstyle and the map. You can't run around and use an AR like a SMG like in previous CODs but there's nothing wrong with those weapons if they are used more defensively.
---
"To be or not to be?"
The first and only question on the entrance exam for the University of Beekeeping.
#6Natsume_Tien7Posted 12/6/2012 11:27:31 AM
I'm glad I play hardcore.
---
"Don't be single-minded. It will only serve to bind you later on."
- Faust
#7fatclemenzaPosted 12/6/2012 11:32:41 AM
It depends on your playstyle and the map. You can't run around and use an AR like a SMG like in previous CODs but there's nothing wrong with those weapons if they are used more defensively.

There's barely any sight lines on any map not named Turbine, plus ARs have pathetic minimum damage and dropoff. No point not using an SMG.
---
#8Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/6/2012 11:33:50 AM
fatclemenza posted...

There's barely any sight lines on any map not named Turbine, plus ARs have pathetic minimum damage and dropoff. No point not using an SMG.

I'm really pissed you pointed out the awful drop off on AR in your other topic. Seriously, why are they even in the game?
---
#9fatclemenzaPosted 12/6/2012 11:36:14 AM
I'm really pissed you pointed out the awful drop off on AR in your other topic. Seriously, why are they even in the game?

I don't get it. Between the horrible dropoff range and there being just enough idle sway to make it impossible to beat a clipper at range, there's really no option besides Target Finder to make them justifiably usable.
---
#10Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/6/2012 11:38:30 AM
fatclemenza posted...

I don't get it. Between the horrible dropoff range and there being just enough idle sway to make it impossible to beat a clipper at range, there's really no option besides Target Finder to make them justifiably usable.

I dislike the target finder though
---