Dashboarding: A Poll...

#11azngamer16Posted 12/6/2012 7:33:44 PM
JPhoenix985 posted...
So, to the people to who posted about never dashboarding ever...so seriously...you're saying that in the history of COD games, dating back to WaW, you've never "dashboarded" or quit a single game early due to anything at all? I just feel like that's really hard to believe, but props to all of you if you're really being honest.

Dashboarding and quitting aren't the same thing.

I've never dashboarded from a game. Have I quit the game to join another match? Yes.
---
GT:MashimaroThug
I'm like Hadouken cause I'm Down-Right-Fierce
#12hollow-sasukePosted 12/6/2012 7:34:16 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
I'm too lazy to Dashboard and then re-launch the game. I just quit.

---
"My eyes red cause of all that hate" @_@
#13supercoolisaacPosted 12/6/2012 7:36:06 PM(edited)
JPhoenix985 posted...
So, to the people to who posted about never dashboarding ever...so seriously...you're saying that in the history of COD games, dating back to WaW, you've never "dashboarded" or quit a single game early due to anything at all? I just feel like that's really hard to believe, but props to all of you if you're really being honest.

never. I've turned off my xbox before if something came up and i had to leave but that's it.
Edit: it's a game.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#14JPhoenix985(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 7:37:08 PM
azngamer16 posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...

I've never dashboarded from a game. Have I quit the game to join another match? Yes.

Ok, clearly we're getting into semantics here. The idea of this poll / topic was to generate an idea of why people quit games early. Dashboarding is simply the phrase I chose. In hindsight, I probably should have just asked why you've quit a game early on purpose. And I wouldn't count quitting out to join another game if you got an invite or something.
---
GT: Liquid x Havok
#15Mander1861Posted 12/6/2012 7:38:08 PM
JPhoenix985 posted...
azngamer16 posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...

Ok, clearly we're getting into semantics here. The idea of this poll / topic was to generate an idea of why people quit games early. Dashboarding is simply the phrase I chose. In hindsight, I probably should have just asked why you've quit a game early on purpose. And I wouldn't count quitting out to join another game if you got an invite or something.

Its not semantics.
Topic is now a massive failure.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#16Arctic_SunrisePosted 12/6/2012 7:38:57 PM
The only time I ever dashboard is if it freezes. I've no reason to otherwise. I'd just back out of an unplayably laggy game.

Heh, I did back out of a game where the opposing team had trapped every single spawn point with a Guardian. While kind of hilarious, not being able to actually spawn was quite dull.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy
#17parkourboybryanPosted 12/6/2012 7:40:27 PM
There's a big difference between dashboarding and rage quitting. I've rage quit before due to anger, but I've never intentionally cheated the system via dashboarding, although I have turned the Xbox off in the middle of a game due to emergencies. So stop b****ing about dashboarding, because contrary to your belief, no everybody does it.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#18JPhoenix985(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 7:46:20 PM
Mander1861 posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...
azngamer16 posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...

Its not semantics.

Eh...I feel like it was a good idea. Just apparently bad execution on my part.
---
GT: Liquid x Havok
#19Mander1861Posted 12/6/2012 8:13:46 PM
JPhoenix985 posted...
Mander1861 posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...
azngamer16 posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...

Its not semantics.

Eh...I feel like it was a good idea. Just apparently bad execution on my part.

It was im just teasing yo !!!!!!!
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#20TeRry_OrweLLPosted 12/6/2012 8:22:17 PM
I never saw the point in dashboarding. It taints all your accomplishments like an athlete taking steroids. If Lance Armstrong doesn't get to keep his titles then you better believe your E-penis is thoroughly stripped in the eyes of whoever you're trying to impress; especially yourself.