To those complaining about the 870 nerf:

#1BeastlyIguanaPosted 12/7/2012 5:56:40 AM
Time to adapt, use a different weapon. I saw numerous 870 users defend it, claiming it that people had to adapt to fight a real shotgun. Well, your turn. Adapt and find something new.

Note: I'm not saying I'm agreeing or disagreeing with the nerf, this is merely an observation.
---
Most of my messages are posted from an iPod Touch, so expect some spelling errors.
#2TeRry_OrweLLPosted 12/7/2012 5:58:35 AM
It needed to be nerfed to accomodate these miniature maps. I'm glad I'll be one of few people running shotties now when I use it, instead of playing Team Remingtons o half the maps.
#3Akiba69Posted 12/7/2012 6:06:07 AM
Wait...what? People who use shotguns are adapting anyway seeing as how they actually have to get close to an enemy to get a kill. The FAL kills in 3 shots. And that is at any distance, be it up close or the other side of the map. The 870 usually gets 2 hit markers when fairly close as it is. Shotguns shouldn't be nerfed for actually acting like shotguns. There is a reason why they are robust up close, because they do nothing at a distance.
---
Want a Nuketown Zombies Code? PM me.
#4BeastlyIguana(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 6:14:52 AM
Akiba69 posted...
Wait...what? People who use shotguns are adapting anyway seeing as how they actually have to get close to an enemy to get a kill. The FAL kills in 3 shots. And that is at any distance, be it up close or the other side of the map. The 870 usually gets 2 hit markers when fairly close as it is. Shotguns shouldn't be nerfed for actually acting like shotguns. There is a reason why they are robust up close, because they do nothing at a distance.

Whichever side of the fence you're on, the 870 got nerfed, and it is highly unlikely Treyarch will revert it to the way it was. So,some 870 users have to adapt and find something new if they don't like the 870 now.
---
Most of my messages are posted from an iPod Touch, so expect some spelling errors.
#5LordAPXPosted 12/7/2012 6:17:48 AM
Eh, already got it gold, saw that it was really a beast when I tried it out, now i'm just using the s12, that's a good gun. :D
---
Gamefaqs only Eurobeat lover, currently listening to Super Eurobeat Vol. 219 Non-Stop mix. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTpudussCQo
#6DarxidePosted 12/7/2012 6:20:27 AM
Back to using an SMG. Yay.
#7BeastlyIguana(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 6:20:47 AM
LordAPX posted...
Eh, already got it gold, saw that it was really a beast when I tried it out, now i'm just using the s12, that's a good gun. :D

This guy has it.
---
#8LordAPXPosted 12/7/2012 6:24:27 AM
BeastlyIguana posted...
LordAPX posted...

This guy has it.

Yeah, learned from past cods, mostly the first guns you get are the OP ones or the early unlocks, which get nerfed later on then the later weapons are now the op ones, back and forth, bleh bleh.
---
Gamefaqs only Eurobeat lover, currently listening to Super Eurobeat Vol. 219 Non-Stop mix. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTpudussCQo
#9Krazoa2Posted 12/7/2012 6:35:57 AM(edited)
I dunno how drastically they nerfed the gun, probably too much knowing them, but it did need one. From what I saw, it had the positives of the Stakeout mixed with the Spas from Blops 1. I already considered the Spas OP in that game personally...

EDIT: I should mention I felt that was too much for that game. I dont know how it compared to the other guns in this game. It probably competed well with the SMGs and what not, so a lot of guns probably should've gotten nerfed.
#10PvtPorkSordPosted 12/7/2012 6:42:34 AM
Nope I'm complaining. The R870 was the only shotgun worth using and it was still "iffy".