So how can I create my own Maps for Black Ops 2? This Franchise needs to grow.

#1y0urm0msBFPosted 12/7/2012 10:22:03 AM
Many other games like Far Cry 3 have that option and it was proven again and again that gamers make better maps than devs.

That is my main issue with Black Ops 2 currently, even tho the gameplay is fine and I think some of the maps are pretty cool (like that "Scarface" mansion) , I am absolutely confident users would create even better maps. I would also assume the game would sell A LOT more copies with user created Maps. According to the latest numbers the game sold only around 15 Million Copies on all Systems yet there is like 150 Million PS3s+Xbox360s out there (PLUS PC) , so on console not even every 10th person has bought COD.

Now if people could create their own maps and play the best user created maps this franchise would sell maybe 25,30 or more Million Copies.

That is even way more gross than what the DLC brings, since "Elite" or Season Pass/DLC Map Packs usually sell only around 2 Million additional "Games" (I think the number was 1,5 million Elite Memberships for $50 plus some single DLC Packages, so an estimate of like 2 Million * 60$ from income from it).

Now if people can be creative, re-create their dreamhome, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, LOST Island, Football-Stadium, and play on it with their friends, this franchise would totally skyrocket to even greater heights. Its time I become president of Activsion. I am willing to work for 1$ a year just to finally bring this franchise to where it belongs to be and I will also be sure to fix lag comp once and for all and make David /quit twitter to improve the game day and night.
---
Some rockets turn faster than others, depending upon the trajectory. In this case it is going to go almost straight up until it is out of sight.
#2slipknotrox765Posted 12/7/2012 10:22:57 AM
no.
---
GT: UPSEToPENGUINS
#3MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/7/2012 10:23:50 AM
Give it up sgr.
You are more stale than week old.....something.
0/10 for no effort.
---
The state of the pokemon board...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5583/thestateofthepokemonboa.png
#4WhiteSkullPosted 12/7/2012 10:23:56 AM
if people could make maps then no one would buy map packs.

So dont hold your breath.
#5y0urm0msBF(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 10:25:04 AM
I am right now locating the investors in Activision cos they are the only ones who can bring enough pressure to Kotick to give in to a Map Editor because it makes total sense and will benefit everyone (gamers, company, investors, franchise).

Anyone has some inputs for what to write to them, share.
---
Some rockets turn faster than others, depending upon the trajectory. In this case it is going to go almost straight up until it is out of sight.
#6y0urm0msBF(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 10:25:58 AM
WhiteSkull posted...
if people could make maps then no one would buy map packs.

So dont hold your breath.

Read my topic again. I explained that. The game will sell so many more copies with a Map Editor that DLC Packs become totally uninteresting business-wise.
---
#7zeppo_basicPosted 12/7/2012 10:28:27 AM
y0urm0msBF posted...
I am right now locating the investors in Activision cos they are the only ones who can bring enough pressure to Kotick to give in to a Map Editor because it makes total sense and will benefit everyone (gamers, company, investors, franchise).

Yes, my input would be go play Counterstrike already and shut it (large online community, custom game servers and modes, UNLIMITED maps, and the best damn engine this side of Quake II). This is why PC gaming will always have an edge on consoles I hate to say, it's only a matter of time now until PC gaming is no longer so taboo and complicated for the masses...
---
MapleHoodOG
#8y0urm0msBF(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 10:32:37 AM
zeppo_basic posted...
y0urm0msBF posted...

Yes, my input would be go play Counterstrike already and shut it (large online community, custom game servers and modes, UNLIMITED maps, and the best damn engine this side of Quake II). This is why PC gaming will always have an edge on consoles I hate to say, it's only a matter of time now until PC gaming is no longer so taboo and complicated for the masses...

I think first of all the masses dont have the latest high end pc at home always, plus its probably not connected to their TV in the living room anyways where people like to play.

Without wanting to promote FC3 again their map editor works just fine on console, that "mini LOST map" that some guy created within only a few hours after launch is excellent and was done on Console.

You see SOME people put a lot of effort into their emblems already, they spend hours in the emblem editor. That will probably be the people who create us the most amazing maps for COD.

Everyone complains cod is the same every year, now with a Map Editor it will skyrocket its presence and sell many more copies than the ~2 Million DLC customers could ever spent.
---
#9SwordToTheChestPosted 12/7/2012 10:33:52 AM
This guy literally must not have a life if this is what he does for fun.
#10shadowsofdawnPosted 12/7/2012 10:33:58 AM
I think its your life's mission to get a map editor for COD.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||