UAVs have never been a problem since cod4

#1ThugLife247Posted 12/7/2012 12:37:57 PM(edited)
just like knifing was never a problem until mw2
just like ghost was never a problem until black ops
as were shotguns never a problem until MW3

so it's down to two conclusions

1. they actually got worse
2. the halo kiddies jumped the bandwagon on mw2

i'm going with 2
---
I won't deny it i'm a straight ridah
you dont wanna **** with me
#2BoyWitArabStrapPosted 12/7/2012 12:40:30 PM
lol knifing was frikin hilarious in MW2. You could legit lunge at a dude from like fifteen feet away!
#3ipickupslotsPosted 12/7/2012 12:44:47 PM
I rather have lunge knife then watch 5-6 dudes trying to knife each other for 20 seconds in OITC
#4TeRry_OrweLLPosted 12/7/2012 1:52:45 PM
Halo players from 2 and 3 were much better on average, speaking as a person who played CoD and Halo avidly. These days shooter fans in general are mostly children.
#5Ollie The Magic BumPosted 12/7/2012 2:01:47 PM
Shotguns were a problem in MW2 for a while. The Models could get a OHK from a mile away. And then they made them useless in Black Ops and MW3.
---
"This kid Danny Fortson reminds me of a kid named Kevin McHale." - Tommy Heinsohn
#6trakrunr4evrPosted 12/7/2012 2:05:23 PM
Ollie The Magic Bum posted...
Shotguns were a problem in MW2 for a while. The Models could get a OHK from a mile away. And then they made them useless in Black Ops and MW3.

I have to disagree. The USAS12 was nice in MW3. I agree with everything else, though.
#7Faust_8Posted 12/7/2012 2:11:00 PM
No, UAVs are a problem because they're way "cheaper" cost-wise than everything else combined with way too small and linear maps that make it impossible to truly control what happens to you.

UAVs weren't a problem in CoD4, for example, because the maps weren't made so that you could be surrounded at all times by enemies 30 feet from you and yet you can't see any of them. You could not get shot from 7 directions at once. You could not be killed by people peeking over chest-high cover all the time. You could not get to enemy's spawn in 8 seconds of sprinting. There wasn't an overabundance of objects littering the map that obscured your view of everything. There were more than 3 ways to get to the other side of the map, so you couldn't be blocked by camping enemies no matter where you went--there was always a way around.

In a game like CoD4, being on the UAV is no problem. In a game like BO2, it's crippling.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#8fatclemenzaPosted 12/7/2012 2:13:24 PM
No, UAVs are a problem because they're way "cheaper" cost-wise than everything else combined with way too small and linear maps that make it impossible to truly control what happens to you.

UAVs weren't a problem in CoD4, for example, because the maps weren't made so that you could be surrounded at all times by enemies 30 feet from you and yet you can't see any of them. You could not get shot from 7 directions at once. You could not be killed by people peeking over chest-high cover all the time. You could not get to enemy's spawn in 8 seconds of sprinting. There wasn't an overabundance of objects littering the map that obscured your view of everything. There were more than 3 ways to get to the other side of the map, so you couldn't be blocked by camping enemies no matter where you went--there was always a way around.

In a game like CoD4, being on the UAV is no problem. In a game like BO2, it's crippling.

Very well said.

Plus, you actually had to sacrifice power or health to be hidden from UAV back then.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#9ThugLife247(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 7:52:40 AM
thats not true about the score thing...its always been 3 kills and now post patch it is 4
---
i won't deny it i'm a straight ridah
you don't wanna f*** with me
#10Jaeger13Posted 12/8/2012 8:05:40 AM
i've not had a problem with uavs...never realy used a secondary so i ran a stinger before. in black ops 2 i run two black hats and a crossbow secondary, mostly cause i like hacking peoples betties :D
---
gt: Jaeger00013
Come to the dark side...we have cookies!!!