C/D: Without a public beta you'll never buy another CoD again

#1Faust_8Posted 12/7/2012 1:22:00 PM
Confirm. A public beta would let them fix this lag compensation bullcrap, let them know how much we hate maps like these, if the next killstreak system works, what guns need buffed or nerfed, and so on.

And even WITH a beta I would still play the full game before buying it. Because if they're going to do their "make hype" magic again without giving us access to the game unless we buy it, it just proves the point of them being better at selling CoD than at designing a good CoD.

From either company I'm not paying attention to any of their promises until we actually have the game and people are saying it's awesome and that they actually listened to us. Or I play it for myself for a while and can decide for myself whether it's worth buying.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#2PathlessBulletPosted 12/7/2012 1:22:27 PM
No, Beta's never helped with anything.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#3KarnRX78Posted 12/7/2012 1:25:32 PM
D because I'm not buying another CoD game.
#4Flow_149Posted 12/7/2012 1:26:49 PM
KarnRX78 posted...

XD I really like this. +1
#5PathlessBulletPosted 12/7/2012 1:26:52 PM
KarnRX78 posted...

You posted this last year on the MW3 boards iirc.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#6fatclemenzaPosted 12/7/2012 1:27:33 PM
I'll likely not buy another one regardless. I always end up going back to CoD4, and each new game just brings new frustrations to override the strong points. I stopped trusting IW after MW2, and now I have no reason to give Treyarch the time of day either. Both developers seem to have lost any ability required to create maps, as well as networking. Not to mention, the community doesn't get any better with each game.

Although, I don't think a beta will fix much. A few bugs and imbalances will get ironed out, but they'll never support a beta for millions of customers. BF3 was a huge joke until March when they finally fixed major problems, and it had a "beta" (more of a demo).
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#7Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 1:30:42 PM
Granted, I'm not planning on getting another CoD either. But if I could actually try it out first, I'd give them a (brief) benefit of the doubt.

But I'd be heavily, heavily critical and it wouldn't pass unless it was excellent in almost all regards. If I saw any of the same **** as MW3 and this game, not getting my money or my time even if my friends DO have it.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#8GoldenKira2770Posted 12/7/2012 1:31:39 PM
D- I want to play the final version before making the decision to buy the game
---
insert something original and witty here
#9Superman070776Posted 12/7/2012 8:39:05 PM
Nope, I'm buying it anyway because I still have fun playing. I don't hate on everything, or over-analyze it. I just want to have fun, and I do. If I didn't have fun, I wouldn't sit around crying, I would just move on....you should do the same.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#10drill beesPosted 12/7/2012 10:58:24 PM
C, but only for IW COD games
---
Incorrectly used terms start to lose their original meaning.