I don't think gun balance should have really been changed in the first place.

#1Soul_On_DisplayPosted 12/7/2012 3:45:20 PM
My only issues, besides the game-joining/playing with friends bugs, would be the game pace and basic lag/lag compensation.

Too fast of a pace causes chaotic and unpredictable combat. Issues:

- Always shot in the blindsides.
- Bad spawning.
- Enemies being able to reappear in areas of interest after being killed, in a matter of seconds.
- Clustering of enemies. (running into a 1vsMany situation)
- Getting killed constantly after making a kill.
- Flanking means you won't be able to get many kills.
- Spawns constantly flipping, also weakening flanking.
- Not having even 5 seconds to restore health before the next enemy encounter.
- With survival-ability so low due to reasons above, camping becomes a more popular alternative.

People always pick at guns since they become an obvious issue, when the points above are what get people killed almost all the time (except for lag comp, which also contributes to a lot). I can't be the only person who thinks the combat needs to slow down for it to be more enjoyable. If people agree, then the community needs to focus on different priorities. I don't like having every map evolve into Nuketown combat.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~People will always nitpick where they have bias.~
#2fatclemenzaPosted 12/7/2012 3:47:48 PM
Very nice list. I think the lack of sight lines and footstep volume leads to almost complete inability of knowing whether or not someone is near you. Today alone I've had situations where I've slayed 3 guys in rapid succession, only to get trampled by a 4th while reloading. Its like, where the **** did you all just come from?
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#3Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 3:52:23 PM
fatclemenza posted...
Very nice list. I think the lack of sight lines and footstep volume leads to almost complete inability of knowing whether or not someone is near you. Today alone I've had situations where I've slayed 3 guys in rapid succession, only to get trampled by a 4th while reloading. Its like, where the **** did you all just come from?

Exactly. Combat in BO2 simply isn't more "difficult." It is uncomfortable. The older games (CoD4, MW2, WaW) all had slower game paces despite having balance issues. I remember surviving far longer in those games because combat wasn't as chaotic as it is in MW3 and BO2.
---
#4duericPosted 12/7/2012 3:56:04 PM
All this patched needed to say was "lag" somewhere, and I'd have completely ignored everything else.

But since it didn't, I'm likely just going to ignore the game. What good is nerfing s*** when I can't actually have a fair standoff anyway?

I never thought I'd say this in a million years. But this is the worst game out of the "non stopping power" CODs thus far, IMO.

Treyarch is a horrible horrible developer. I thought that crown was Epic's after the Gears 3 debacle. But at least Epic just ignored everyone and say "play or quit". Treyarch seems to revel in pissing people off because they know people won't quit.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#5LostOdyssey17Posted 12/7/2012 4:00:49 PM
Umm if Assault Rifles were even somewhat useful...

3 shots from pistol > 4 burst from AR.

No. Needs balance change.
---
I'm not one of you, I'm not a nerd. I talk to women. Be jealous.
#6Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 4:02:45 PM
They better be careful. CoD is already losing its grasp on people. I know I already had little drive to play BO2, and I already didn't like the game from the very beginning (thanks to the pace, before the lag comp was apparent). I wish they would fail, at least for one game release and sell almost nothing to learn their lesson.
---
#7duericPosted 12/7/2012 4:05:25 PM
Soul_On_Display posted...
They better be careful. CoD is already losing its grasp on people. I know I already had little drive to play BO2, and I already didn't like the game from the very beginning (thanks to the pace, before the lag comp was apparent). I wish they would fail, at least for one game release and sell almost nothing to learn their lesson.

Unfortunately, they will never learn their lesson.

Good news is, even 100,000 less sales would be enough for Activision to get involved. I know people think they're this evil empire publisher, and they are. But the fact remains, unless Activision has reason to take notice, we'll be getting the same BS every year.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#8fatclemenzaPosted 12/7/2012 4:05:50 PM
Treyarch is a horrible horrible developer. I thought that crown was Epic's after the Gears 3 debacle. But at least Epic just ignored everyone and say "play or quit". Treyarch seems to revel in pissing people off because they know people won't quit.

I thought people loved Gears 3 far more than 2 because of servers and spawn protection? Then again, I have a friend who was a diehard Gears 1 fan, and he had nothing kind to say about 3, and even worst about 2 lol. I was never into that series.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#9TecmoB0Posted 12/7/2012 4:10:28 PM
other than wanting to see snipers get nerfed to unusable status since i've always believed they had no place in cod i agree. i almost want to say buff the bottom 2 shotguns, however, i dont want this turning into mw3 where usas/striker outperform the pumps in every situation.
---
Despondent transponder
#10duericPosted 12/7/2012 4:11:25 PM
fatclemenza posted...

I thought people loved Gears 3 far more than 2 because of servers and spawn protection? Then again, I have a friend who was a diehard Gears 1 fan, and he had nothing kind to say about 3, and even worst about 2 lol. I was never into that series.

Nah, man. I played that game until Halo 4 and it was considered a travesty to Gears in general. The only people who ever had anything good to say about it were the vested pros and nuthuggers.

It tried to follow the "casual model" and ended up pissing everyone off because once the casuals split, all you had left were good players using the cheesy s***. So you lost the hardcore players too.

And Epic just basically stood by and watched the community dwindle down to nothing. Now you have 3 of the main players in the company leaving. It really was an "epic" disaster. LOL
---