Just found EMP grenades can destroy hellstorm missles.

#1tripp13Posted 12/7/2012 6:49:08 PM
Just got out of a game of headquarters on nuketown, I threw a EMP grenade towards the bomb site and got the medal "intercepted", 150 xp, and said I destroyed a hellstorm missle. I thought the EMP grenades could take out anything, but a hellstorm missle kinda surprised me. Whenever they fix theater mode I'll post it on my CODtv channel. Makes me wonder if they can take out lightning strike bombs too.
---
Gamertag- Inferno1707
\m/ ( ^_^ ) \m/
#2Wookie_Is_BackPosted 12/7/2012 7:42:49 PM
EMPs have always destroyed killstreaks. IIRC, the grenade is just a mini version of the killstreak, so it makes sense.
#3BlaeuPosted 12/7/2012 7:50:27 PM
I wonder if I can save myself if I throw one straight up in the air as they try to rain them down on me...
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#4FeelMyBladePosted 12/7/2012 7:52:06 PM
I've taken out a hunter killer with one before. Emp grenades are awesome!
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-38
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Wait list: 1, Given:13
#5RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 12/7/2012 8:04:01 PM
Did you get any special challenges unlocked or anything?
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Is that cynicism? On the internet? Grow up, I have no time for your elitist attitude. Come back when you can be useful.
#6Admiral_XyesPosted 12/7/2012 8:07:00 PM
Wow really? I would imagine that is hard taking into account the range of the EMP and the position of a kill streak.
#7tripp13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 8:36:36 PM
RONIN_Y0JIMBO posted...
Did you get any special challenges unlocked or anything?

Just gave me the "intercepted" medal and 150xp. Wished they'd fix theater so I could review to see what happend. I dunno if it blocked the missle by itself or the group of cluster bombs.
---
Gamertag- Inferno1707
\m/ ( ^_^ ) \m/
#8MoegittoPosted 12/7/2012 8:38:18 PM
If you get stuck and EMP yourself the Semtex will fall off. Pretty funny for when you face one of those Crossbow guys that do nothing but sit around and wait for you to pop past a corner.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#9RPG0ddessPosted 12/7/2012 8:40:05 PM
I found this out as well yesterday when i emp'd a guys missle on dom...hate mail ensued.

Now lets all stop talking about all the things emp can do before they nerf it.

EMP SUXXX!!!!
---
There are no pacts between lions and men. - Achilles
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.