Quickscoping takes no skill

#1porkxsodaPosted 12/7/2012 11:37:17 PM
Learn to play the game, not exploit it.

This is a fact.
#2chessmyantidrugPosted 12/7/2012 11:38:38 PM
I can't quickscope. Must be a skill I lack.
#3SpydogKPosted 12/7/2012 11:43:37 PM(edited)

This is a fact.

As long as it's in the game, no one is going to take the time to learn how to play...

Treyarch is seriously disappointing me with this COD...

Broken spawns, terrible small cluttered maps, full-on quickscoping, and SMGs overpowering everything, plus the lag comp...

Feels like Modern Warfare 3 without the ridiculous killstreaks... only because no one can get them due to back-spawning ruining everyone's streaks, all the time...

Praying on a good patch in the next week or so...
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#4nuclearpizzaPosted 12/7/2012 11:43:24 PM
I lack the skill to care.
---
All about me:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQd7_HqR900
GT: Rainingoblivion
#5TheSaintGPosted 12/7/2012 11:50:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6dredd1123Posted 12/8/2012 12:18:47 AM
porkxsoda posted...

This is a fact.

Can you do it?
#7The DevourerPosted 12/8/2012 12:25:48 AM
Quickscoping has existed from exploiting game mechanics. It's typically accepted and viewed as a lame way to play and really only defended by people who actually want it around so they can do it. Whether one can do it or not is really irrelevant in relation to wanting it or not wanting it.

I wish that it was done away with because it's just lame. Yeah, let me fire a sniper with pinpoint accuracy 99% of the time in quick succession because I abuse the mechanics of the game to do it! At least with something like an AR or anything but a sniper which is MUCH more accurate hipfiring it would make some sense with...but snipers? It should go but that's up to devs to change and not any of us... I think it's kind of clear they don't mind it or possibly even encourage it
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#8scrilla_oPosted 12/8/2012 12:30:37 AM
The Devourer posted...
Quickscoping has existed from exploiting game mechanics. It's typically accepted and viewed as a lame way to play and really only defended by people who actually want it around so they can do it. Whether one can do it or not is really irrelevant in relation to wanting it or not wanting it.

I wish that it was done away with because it's just lame. Yeah, let me fire a sniper with pinpoint accuracy 99% of the time in quick succession because I abuse the mechanics of the game to do it! At least with something like an AR or anything but a sniper which is MUCH more accurate hipfiring it would make some sense with...but snipers? It should go but that's up to devs to change and not any of us... I think it's kind of clear they don't mind it or possibly even encourage it

Oh yea because it takes SO MUCH skill to use an AR compared to a sniper.
---
I dont need a life, im a gamer I have many lives ;)
#9blacklabelicePosted 12/8/2012 1:38:23 AM(edited)
AR's are easy enough to operate without having to exploit

nowadays they refer to sniping as 'hardscoping' simply because the concept of using a long range rifle the way it was intended for is just too hard for them.
#10R0YB0TPosted 12/8/2012 2:05:37 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
I can't quickscope. Must be a skill I lack.

What OP is talking about has to do with the auto aim and target assist functions of the console versions of COD Black Ops 2.

If you tap the ADS(aim down sight)/Scope button while either you or your target is moving then it will aim for you. Tap aim quickly then shoot. You don't have to wait for the crosshair to even show up on the screen, the game automatically lines up most of the shot for you.

I am fine with this because using a control for FPS games is tough.