BO1, MW3, and Reach were disappointing.

#1XxOblivion77Posted 12/8/2012 1:41:28 AM
I was excited for BO2 and Halo 4.

BO2 was finally going to be competitive. No OP weapons. Good map design. No DC tubes. No panic knife. Dedicated playlists for competitive gamers like me.

Wrong.

While the weapons are balanced well, the maps are all average. Lag comp got even worse. The competitive playlist has scorestreaks in it and people rage quit all the time, leaving me with a boring victory. Overall, this game is one of the best in the series, but it's not great like we all thought it would be.

Halo 4 was going to bring Halo back. No more BS Reach. What happens? Loadouts. Insta-respawn. Infinity Slayer. No map control. Random weapon drops. Less customization. It feels like Reach 2.0.

I'm really tired so this topic isn't well put together, but all I can say is that I'm truly upset with the gaming industry. Instead of getting fun, competitive games, developers create games that appeal to most, but cast the nerdiest and most dedicated gamers aside. I miss CoD2 and CoD4. I miss Halo 1, 2 and 3. I miss Gears 1. I miss Mario Kart DS. I miss Super Smash Bros Melee. It's all gone downhill, and I hate it. I'm 18 now and I see no reason to dedicate hours upon hours into these games anymore. Not only could I be doing something better in my life, but these games have lost all the charm and fun they used to have... All for the sake of making money.

I know most of you disagree with me on this because most of you have never experienced these incredible days of gaming. Some of you think it's gotten better, well more power to you.

But to me and many others, competitive online multiplayer games are forever ruined.

Gonna go cry now, bye.
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
BO2 lag compensation gave me an aneurism.
#2oReloadPosted 12/8/2012 1:45:07 AM
Weapons are balanced well?.... SMGs are super-god weapons.
---
GT: Waleyy
"Get ready to ball so hard, because this chick is cray. And if you are feeling famished; I recommend the fish fillet."
#3zxrax_alt_1Posted 12/8/2012 1:45:35 AM
:'(
---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
3770K @4.44GHz || 8GB 2133MHz || ASUS Maximus V Extreme || Samsung 840 250GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#4chessmyantidrugPosted 12/8/2012 1:49:38 AM
SMGs aren't overpowered. It's a product of the maps being smaller on average. None of these SMGs stack up to the UMP45 in Modern Warfare 2. Not even close.
#5Frost_MirrorPosted 12/8/2012 1:50:01 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
SMGs aren't overpowered. It's a product of the maps being smaller on average. None of these SMGs stack up to the UMP45 in Modern Warfare 2. Not even close.
#6oReloadPosted 12/8/2012 1:51:43 AM

They're 100 times more accurate. Have A LOT less recoil. And their fire rate is superior. The ONLY thing the UMP45 has against them, is a much greater form of sheer power. These SMGs don't even require you to aim, and you can have long range battles across the maps versus snipers due to long barrel or Grip.
---
"Get ready to ball so hard, because this chick is cray. And if you are feeling famished; I recommend the fish fillet."
#7oReloadPosted 12/8/2012 1:52:59 AM
The UMP45 was balanced in a sense that it DID have a cut-off limit. You couldn't battle a good player across the map that had an assault rifle and win (unless your positioning was better than his or he was under pressure).
---
#8supercoolisaacPosted 12/8/2012 1:53:36 AM
oReload posted...

They're 100 times more accurate. Have A LOT less recoil. And their fire rate is superior. The ONLY thing the UMP45 has against them, is a much greater form of sheer power. These SMGs don't even require you to aim, and you can have long range battles across the maps versus snipers due to long barrel or Grip.

More accurate??? Are you on crack?
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#9BS_InfinitePosted 12/8/2012 1:54:12 AM

Seriously the MP7 makes these SMG's look terrible
---
BS_Infinite posted...
You Only Yolo Once
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 12/8/2012 1:54:37 AM
BO2 is just more of the same, and Halo 4 is trying to incorporate everything CoD does so it ends up being more of the same. At least I still have Battlefield, until someone gets the idea to take an FPS that doesn't play like the others and make it play like the others.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels