BO1, MW3, and Reach were disappointing.

#21TecmoB0Posted 12/8/2012 5:00:15 AM
i loled at oped ump. stop being bad at mw2. its like a bottom tier ar with more mobility. its rof isnt that hot for cqc unlike all the other smgs which are all viable weapons. if you suck with any of the smgs in that game its on you
---
Despondent transponder
#22chessmyantidrugPosted 12/8/2012 5:17:09 AM
TecmoB0 posted...
i loled at oped ump. stop being bad at mw2. its like a bottom tier ar with more mobility. its rof isnt that hot for cqc unlike all the other smgs which are all viable weapons. if you suck with any of the smgs in that game its on you

The UMP45 was grossly over powered. It did more minimum damage than every SMG and every assault rifle but the FAL. Its minimum damage was higher than the maximum damage for the Vector, Mini Uzi, P90, M4A1, ACR and F2000. It was clearly the class of SMGs and beat out one-third of the assault rifles in pure damage. In long-range gunfights, the UMP45 beats out every assault rifle but the FAL. Did I mention these guns didn't have recoil?

Modern Warfare 2 made things ridiculously easy and the UMP45 is a microcosm of that. It was the clearly the best all-around weapon in that game and we haven't seen anything quite like it since.
#23TecmoB0Posted 12/8/2012 5:20:44 AM
did fam16 get patched out of mw2 with favela?
---
Despondent transponder
#24seminolesoccerPosted 12/8/2012 5:25:32 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
TecmoB0 posted...

The UMP45 was grossly over powered. It did more minimum damage than every SMG and every assault rifle but the FAL. Its minimum damage was higher than the maximum damage for the Vector, Mini Uzi, P90, M4A1, ACR and F2000. It was clearly the class of SMGs and beat out one-third of the assault rifles in pure damage. In long-range gunfights, the UMP45 beats out every assault rifle but the FAL. Did I mention these guns didn't have recoil?

Modern Warfare 2 made things ridiculously easy and the UMP45 is a microcosm of that. It was the clearly the best all-around weapon in that game and we haven't seen anything quite like it since.

lmao, if you actually believe it's better than the acr, tar, scar, fam16 w/ stopping power you were terrible at the game.

being an all rounder didn't make it OP because SP is the best red perk in any call of duty game ever and the UMP gained only a margin benefit (and basically none at all with a silencer)

it was the best MLC gun in the game but the best setup for anyone with skill was AR of choice, blue perk of scav or soh, stopping power, and ninja/sitrep

if you disagree with this, you were bad
---
PSN: Viper51989
GT: IL Viper IL
#25TecmoB0Posted 12/8/2012 5:27:26 AM
i wonder why no one ever uses the ump on wasteland. i guess the community was gimping themselves. you know cod players, mw2 especially like to make things more challenging on themselves
---
Despondent transponder
#26Wookie_Is_BackPosted 12/8/2012 5:42:42 AM(edited)
seminolesoccer posted...
chessmyantidrug posted...
TecmoB0 posted...

lmao, if you actually believe it's better than the acr, tar, scar, fam16 w/ stopping power you were terrible at the game.

being an all rounder didn't make it OP because SP is the best red perk in any call of duty game ever and the UMP gained only a margin benefit (and basically none at all with a silencer)

it was the best MLC gun in the game but the best setup for anyone with skill was AR of choice, blue perk of scav or soh, stopping power, and ninja/sitrep

if you disagree with this, you were bad

By SOH, you mean OMA since OMA pro was just as fast, if not faster, than reloading.

Edit: And OMA had Scav built in pretty much.

And since the UMP didn't benefit at all from SP, you were free to use the REAL best Red Perk, Cold Blooded.

However, it didn't really fire that fast. I wouldn't say it was OP, just really popular.