XPR-50 was over-used? (Recoil was added via lastest patch/Sniper rifle discuss)

#1TheBlueDeathPosted 12/8/2012 8:10:03 AM
I rarely, if ever, seen a sniper being used besides the DSR or the Ballista. The XPR got a recoil increase why exactly?

I believe I have seen it one time in two days of gametime. This is just my experience but performance wise, the gun wasn't too amazing either. Good Semi auto but nothing we haven't seen before.

It now kicks worse than COD4's SVD when it decided to spaz on you. If they felt it was too good, simply lower the RPM. I would have been fine with this as it'd have made the gap between the SVU and XPR more significant, don't make the gun kick like a donkey.

SVU was left untouched in the patch. Do they feel this rifle is okay? It NEEDS to keep its headshot multiplier so it can kill when silenced, no reason not to. If you have Gold on this rifle, heaven help you, I question your sanity.

None of the snipers have any real strongpoints and it bothers me. Go DSR if you want power or go Ballista if you want handling. Seems like the obvious choices. Both the SVU and XPR seem very niche snipers now.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#2Gunther482Posted 12/8/2012 8:38:56 AM
Did they fix the SVU's hit box issue yet?
#3RikiazPosted 12/8/2012 8:42:42 AM
Gunther482 posted...

They fixed that is a hot fix.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#4jay11228181Posted 12/8/2012 8:44:59 AM
I only see people using the SVU.
#5Gunther482Posted 12/8/2012 8:46:27 AM
Rikiaz posted...
Gunther482 posted...

They fixed that is a hot fix.

Alright. I want to use the SVU but I wasn't going to use it until they fixed the hit box, and after awhile I forgot about using it lol.
#6eddiethemcPosted 12/8/2012 9:26:39 AM
They nerfed it to discourage spazzy snipers who tend to unload the whole magazine at one foe. Personally it's OHK is generous enough that I think the recoil won't make that much difference except for encouraging people to aim better pre- first shot.
---
Acceptance is the final stage to everything.
#7unpleasant_milkPosted 12/8/2012 9:27:39 AM
jay11228181 posted...
I only see people using the SVU.

this. people love spamming them bullets on their lazer trajectories... good that its now got SOME recoil
---
GT unpleasant milk
Lifes just a game guys, don't get mad....