I lied, this patch was amazing.

#31CinderDragon77Posted 12/8/2012 4:10:30 PM
dueric posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
dueric posted...
hatchetman187 posted...
I quit all the time and nothing happens

I will continue to do so

I played for about 4 hours after the patch dropped early this morning.

I left quite a few games in progress, and at least 2 as host. Nothing happened.

That doesn't mean it isn't real though. Maybe I just didn't hit the limit.

Watching tom(hate house) stream and he backed out of a FFA game and it popped up with a message telling him that if he did it'd put him on probation for a minute lol.

Oh. So you haven't experienced this yourself?

Has anyone here?

After it kicked me back to the game lobby when the host dashboarded I proceeded to leave which gave me a stupid 1 minute probation for quitting. Guess host dashboards/leaving while in the lobby count as quitting.
---
TrendyEnt=UberEnt= Q_Q What are consoles?
#32duericPosted 12/8/2012 4:10:54 PM
fatclemenza posted...

Has anyone here?

I got the quit probation "warning" earlier, so I stayed in the match, then left after we returned to the lobby. Then I found out I was locked out for one minute lol

Well, that's that then.

I've been looking for any reason to get rid of this game and I finally have it.

F******* Treyarch must have missed Prom, because everything they do is basically High School BS.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#33Zero IXPosted 12/8/2012 4:12:57 PM
dueric posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
dueric posted...
hatchetman187 posted...
I quit all the time and nothing happens

I will continue to do so

I played for about 4 hours after the patch dropped early this morning.

I left quite a few games in progress, and at least 2 as host. Nothing happened.

That doesn't mean it isn't real though. Maybe I just didn't hit the limit.

Watching tom(hate house) stream and he backed out of a FFA game and it popped up with a message telling him that if he did it'd put him on probation for a minute lol.

Has anyone here?

Yup, it seems pretty easy to get on probation from what I recall:

-Playing KC in Public with one other person
-Host bailed, everyone back to the lobby
-Next game, failed host migration sends everyone back to the lobby
-Played another game in the same lobby, got to the end and connection was lost right at the end just before the final killcam
-My friend and I both got a minute of probation xfd

This was in about 20-25 minutes after the patch. Connections were wonky since people were actually getting kicked to get the patch. My friend got kicked at about 1:45am PST and it took about ten minutes before I was able to get the patch at about 2:00am PST so we could keep playing. It was probably happening to other players at the same time.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#34fatclemenzaPosted 12/8/2012 4:13:54 PM
Well, that's that then.

F******* Treyarch must have missed Prom, because everything they do is basically High School BS.

Funny part is, there was actually a semi-valid reason for this in Reach, since there was no join in progress, and having two teammates leave in CTF means you're playing 2 men down for the rest of the match.

Too bad the rest of Reach was so bad compared to Halo 3.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#35Zero IXPosted 12/8/2012 4:15:26 PM
IMO 3arc should give players more options, i.e. allow players to search for matches based on stats or connection only in Public and make joining games in progress a toggle-able option since probation is now a thing. My two cents.
---
#36duericPosted 12/8/2012 4:16:47 PM
Zero IX posted...

-Played another game in the same lobby, got to the end and connection was lost right at the end just before the final killcam

This was in about 20-25 minutes after the patch. Connections were wonky since people were actually getting kicked to get the patch. My friend got kicked at about 1:45am PST and it took about ten minutes before I was able to get the patch at about 2:00am PST so we could keep playing. It was probably happening to other players at the same time.

That totally sucks, man.

At least Reach only punished the actual quitters.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#37duericPosted 12/8/2012 4:18:47 PM
fatclemenza posted...
Well, that's that then.

Funny part is, there was actually a semi-valid reason for this in Reach, since there was no join in progress, and having two teammates leave in CTF means you're playing 2 men down for the rest of the match.

Too bad the rest of Reach was so bad compared to Halo 3.

Yep. I got why in Reach. But it still didn't solve the issue. Half the time, you'd have rather had 2 people, than 4 but with 2 AFK.

Made any Slayer or Swat type game a freakin joke.
---
#38Zero IXPosted 12/8/2012 4:23:23 PM
dueric posted...
Zero IX posted...

That totally sucks, man.

At least Reach only punished the actual quitters.

If like only 1-5 minute probations are the max, IMO that's not really too bad. Will serve the intended purpose of discouraging quitting while not sticking it too hard to people that just end up kicked out of games.

It's kind of a lose-lose since I've played with supercoolisaac and co. enough to recognize the mass exodus of players from games against halfway competent teams is def a problem.

I remember when Reach first came out and I was working for Xbox Customer Support, complaints about the quit bans made up such a high call % that they came up with specialized scripting just for people calling to complain about it. >_>
---
#39darkshadowmasterPosted 12/8/2012 4:24:22 PM
How many does it take. I've backed out of about 7 and no probation
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#40jay11228181Posted 12/8/2012 4:25:10 PM
It's been my experience that the people quitting games are the ones that put the team in the hole. Guy on my team goes 3-31 and then leaves the game with 2 minutes left.