I lied, this patch was amazing.

#41duericPosted 12/8/2012 3:29:09 PM
Zero IX posted...

If like only 1-5 minute probations are the max, IMO that's not really too bad. Will serve the intended purpose of discouraging quitting while not sticking it too hard to people that just end up kicked out of games.

It's kind of a lose-lose since I've played with supercoolisaac and co. enough to recognize the mass exodus of players from games against halfway competent teams is def a problem.

I remember when Reach first came out and I was working for Xbox Customer Support, complaints about the quit bans made up such a high call % that they came up with specialized scripting just for people calling to complain about it. >_>

Well, the dashboarding ban has done nothing to discourage that practice. So I can't see this being any better.

Like I said, you'll end up with more problems than the ban could ever solve.

Especially if it punishes people who don't quit. I just can't imagine Treyarch being able to withstand the s***storm that will inevitably come.

Just like the Nuketown thing, I have a feeling this will quickly be changed. Treyarch got put into their place by Activision once already. No reason to think it won't happen again if Activision feels this could damage profit long term.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#42gunho7Posted 12/8/2012 3:29:11 PM
Link to toms stream?
---
GT: steven the show
AKJohnnyB is bad
#43Zero IXPosted 12/8/2012 3:29:45 PM
darkshadowmaster posted...
How many does it take. I've backed out of about 7 and no probation

If Reach taught us anything, the methods for detection aren't perfect. Some people can seemingly back out of as many games as they want with no probation, while others get slapped with it after only a few. It probably also has to do with x amount of games within x amount of time.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#44Velvet_LlamaPosted 12/8/2012 3:30:19 PM
CinderDragon77 posted...
Glad I didn't buy the season pass then, and haha at Treyarch trying to tell us when we can or can't quit playing. To think I thought IW was bad...

They're not telling you when you can or can't quit playing. They're trying to disincentivize quitting. I liked what Bungie did with Reach, they added random XP bonuses to matches and tied the probability of getting them to how often you quit out of matches. So they incentivized playing rather than sanctioned quitting. Carrot instead of the stick. Either way I think it's a positive for a developer to try and reduce the negative, selfish behavior of quitting out of matches.
---
This space reserved for future witty comment.
Maybe it can be yours!!!! (Probably not).
#45supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 3:30:23 PM
gunho7 posted...
Link to toms stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/hatehouse
he's still streaming haha. Usually does everyday around 1-2 our time for a few hours.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#46Zero IXPosted 12/8/2012 3:33:23 PM
Velvet_Llama posted...
CinderDragon77 posted...
Glad I didn't buy the season pass then, and haha at Treyarch trying to tell us when we can or can't quit playing. To think I thought IW was bad...

They're not telling you when you can or can't quit playing. They're trying to disincentivize quitting. I liked what Bungie did with Reach, they added random XP bonuses to matches and tied the probability of getting them to how often you quit out of matches. So they incentivized playing rather than sanctioned quitting. Carrot instead of the stick. Either way I think it's a positive for a developer to try and reduce the negative, selfish behavior of quitting out of matches.

Good point... I'd welcome EXP jackpots in CoD tied to how long you don't quit.

Must tweet Vondermort
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#47supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 3:35:41 PM
Zero IX posted...
Velvet_Llama posted...
CinderDragon77 posted...

Good point... I'd welcome EXP jackpots in CoD tied to how long you don't quit.

Must tweet Vondermort

Good call, I'll try too. Not that he'll actually care... -_-
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#48darkshadowmasterPosted 12/8/2012 3:37:09 PM
Zero IX posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
How many does it take. I've backed out of about 7 and no probation

If Reach taught us anything, the methods for detection aren't perfect. Some people can seemingly back out of as many games as they want with no probation, while others get slapped with it after only a few. It probably also has to do with x amount of games within x amount of time.

Oh. I meant 7 in a row. connections been awful tonight. Just turned it off and went back to FC.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#49x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 12/8/2012 3:41:45 PM
So that's why I was given a probation for quitting out of games that I never spawned into because the enemy had high score streaks active... that's bull but I still won't spawn in.
#50TecmoB0Posted 12/8/2012 3:42:01 PM
first time i get hit with a penalty in a pub im going to dashboard every game i pull host disadvantage in to ruin it. if im gonna have to wait everyone else can find a new lobby. fix the game and ill stay
---
Despondent transponder